Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Reckoning Discussion
"Mokou-tan" Wrote:So, has anyone sat and done the 1-60 run on a fresh character on the test server yet? I'd be interested to see how that is effected, but haven't had time for The Grind. You may end up making some difficult stat choices that would force you away from an "optimal" build or something. From what I've seen and done myself, it looks like commonly people grab their 60 which has all their skills, talents and traits and just grabs the stats, but you may not be able to progress without putting points into stats you would never touch because X enemy is near impossible to kill with your build as it is. Then again, there's always trailing behind someone stronger on Training Day. Still, might be important to look at since new players are a thing and I don't think I've seen plans for a stat reset item.

I'm trying to do this, but I never seem to find the right times to check if the Beta is up for testing. I gave up on checking in regularly like a week ago. And naturally, when I do play, I never see a single other player grinding since everyone's beating one another to death in the arena.

"Spoops" Wrote:Please do not overlook this matter, this one is serious and needs to be dealt with

The equipment tab, I don't think players should be able to view other people's equipments, it causes metagaming and well, I forsee it only causing problems in the future.

'Oh I see you're a holding a rebelling fullgust and have general dodgy stuff, that must mean this is a wind mage, lemme just go ahead and equip my breezecloth sylph cloak and cloak of many colors'

This will happen, eventually it'll just be people holding all types of specific elemental resist gear.

Or can it at least be a toggleable option like guild badges? Equipment should at LEAST be private, GMs have a equipment view verb for conflicts and problems do they not?

I'm on the fence for both sides. I see your point completely and I do agree, but I also find it's an issue that someone can have no idea what kind of weapons someone is even holding unless the description pictures/mentions it... and most don't.

Even if the exact gear isn't shown, it'd be great to at least see what classification of gear to expect, because "Oh, that boy is wearing a T-Shirt and shorts - oh no wait he's wearing full heavy plate HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO (not) KNOW THAT!?" I think the best system for this would be a grey icon shaped like the weapon type, and displaying the player's name for it instead of what it really is - so you can at least tell, "Okay, I know to expect spear skills, even though I get that they're RPing it as a rapier, gotcha."
*loud burp*

Messages In This Thread