Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Reckoning Discussion
"Rendar" Wrote:So. What you're saying is. Because someone is RPing their heavy armor with a weight of 30... as light armor, or even just normal clothes... you're going to metagame knowing that "WOW MY NORMAL PHYSICAL STRIKE PROBABLY WON'T WORK!" and instead just resort to spamming magical attacks without even testing physical attacks first?

That is literally the definition of metagaming.

Continuing with my example: Profile picture shows normal clothes, actual equipment name is, say, "Gambeson." Which are they really wearing? A gambeson isn't plate, but it's still armor, in a sense. If you really want to argue that you should not be able to tell if someone is wearing a gambeson instead of a basic T-Shirt purely for the sake of hiding their equipment and taking someone off guard, I have bad news for you: That's equally metagamey. By that logic, no one should ever have a profile picture with any weapon or armor since omfg they see what I have metagame, let's all just be schoolgirls because lol.

By the way, this example? Me. One time, in the past, I found heavy armor that was better for my character than the light armor I was using. I PVP'd in it. Everyone completely EXPLODED at me for it, since my character was essentially robed but had 30 natural defense and good heavy armor. I find it hilariously ironic that now, people are in favor of this because it favors them. Very funny.
*loud burp*

Messages In This Thread