Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Great Reckoning, Part 2 - A hint of things to come.
"Ranylyn" Wrote:I have one, very important question.

Quote:The number of subpoints you can distribute is equal to the rank of the main talent * the number of SP it gives per Rank, rounded down. So, at Rank 2, my Blade Expertise gives me 3 SP to distribute. Again, this is unique to each talent; some give more, some give less. Also, the maximum rank of a main talent is now 10, instead of 3 or 5. Increasing the rank of a main talent still takes 1 Talent Point, and you still get 1 Talent Point per level.

Will the game itself tell us how much SP a talent gives per rank before we allocate the talent points, or would we need to double check on the forums? I ask because it could be a big deal to sink 10 talent points into something only to realize "Oops, this idea didn't work, not enough subpoints." Or would 10 Main Ranks basically always be enough to max everything out, if you really wanted to specialize and go balls to the wall in your chosen talents?

EDIT: I just noticed Marksmanship is 1 SP/Rank, not 1.5, so that answers my question about the Rank 10 thing. Answer: "No."

That said, I am hype. The hype is real. This is great, and thank you, Dev.
Actually, if you look at each Talent, Rank 10 provides enough points to max out every aspect of said talent. It seems to be a matter of, 'Do you want multiple talents with some progress, or a few talents maxed out?'

Anyways, the system looks nice so far. I'm going to hold my breath until the other talent categories are filled out, though.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye

Messages In This Thread