Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Great Reckoning, Part 2 - A hint of things to come.
I have a... well. I have a dislike for something.

Quote:Gaining Afflictions
While in combat, when you take damage, if there's an affliction associated with that damage type, there's a (damage taken/20)% chance that you will suffer from an affliction. The only times this can't happen are during a new PvP setting called 'Sparring', which will prevent wounds from being applied. If you suffer from an affliction, it has a severity linked to the amount of damage dealt; These can be; Minor, Moderate, Major, Severe, Crippling. The severity of the wound is equal to (damage dealt/30), rounded down, to a maximum of 5. It determines how hard it is to treat, as well as the impact it has on your stats. Treated wounds have a much less noticeable impact.

With this system, 200 damage is a 10% chance to inflict a CRIPPLING injury. Hell, 150 is enough to ensure that CRIPPLING is what you give someone. This really shouldn't be the case... I'd like to see that shifted upward to 45 (since some characters can very easily deal 150+ damage consistently against 60 defense because offense stats are built around having 30% DR and 50% defense or just flat out dodging but...

If we can see that raised to Damage Dealt/45 from /30, we'd see a lot less CRIPPLING INJURIES unless like. Someone flat out attempts to maim you with a friggin excel weapon fully charged with a massively powerful voltiger sidecut or silcut. It'd make Charge Mind and the like good for if you really wanna fuck a person up.

Messages In This Thread