Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player Agency: In Airides defense.
Airide, The player of Krono-The tattoed butler is currently in quite the conundrum.

Airide -as Krono- Has committed many misdemeanors on his character, Never once has his character murdered, at his worst he committed one act of arson.

Chaos-The GM-Current man in charges of all things guardy- Has slated Airides character Krono for execution.

The issue

Airide doesn't wish for his character to be Killed off. Myself and others think this is a breach of player agency.

Reasonings

*Airide doesn't want his character to die, he just wants to roleplay escaping to laws end or something.

*He originally wanted roleplay reforming his criminal character, but no guard ever attempted the roleplay to get this started despite airide's wishes.

*Airide was force arrested against without the choice to flee the scene by two guard players, He wasn't defeated in combat or anything, he was just bullied into accepting a party invite to fort arjav, He had no idea chaos would then slate his character for execution.

*Chaos cites and warning that krono would be considered for execution post march 2016 on ALL future violations, Airide cannot find proof of this warning anywhere.

*Krono was arrested for using a donation item to spook some people who were meming pretty hard in IC.

*Chaos used a an old event that happened 10 IC years ago. an assassination attempt event he ran on the emperor as basis to punish people for using the monster mask donation item.

Airide should be allowed have his character stay alive, his character isn't an extremist murderer or revolutionary, just a punk that has committed quite a few misdemeanors over the OOC year. If you actually consider the amount of ic time that occured between his misdemeanors he isn't an actual heavy criminal considering an IC year happens about the same time frame as an IRL month.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~please no flames just discussions.

http://sl2.wikia.com/wiki/Server_Rules

-my opinions
I feel that the guards that arrested Airide were out of line in the god modding degree

also I feel that as of

1b - Forcing death onto another person's character falls under the "no godmodding" rule. Only the person who's playing the character can ensure that the character is killed off.

should precede the GM's right to kill of criminals due to the fact that this is an extremely heated topic and the criminal in question never actually committed a crime that resulted in the direct loss of life.

I don't feel that the Setting or the empire is harsh is an excuse or reason for chaos to be in the right, due to the fact that this stance of the empire was created through chaos's direct control and influence over the guard system.

Messages In This Thread