Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player Agency: In Airides defense.
... Good grief, this thread blew up. I'm not gonna get into a huge debate but I'll just bring up some things.

- If Airide wants to argue the circumstances and potentially an out, he needs to go to Chaos directly and discuss it with him. All the people complaining and spreading things that aren't so are drumming up unnecessary drama and are not helping his case.

- Krono's execution is not something that has been publicly announced at this time. People who are talking about this ICly are metagaming and need to stop and disregard what has been said ICly, until it is public information.

- The Sigrogana Empire is not America, it's not a democracy. Freedom of speech is not a right given. You can totally get arrested for giving Guards shit. Of course, whether you do or don't depends on how much the Guard wants to take.

- I think a reason that some people don't want to do guard work, beyond real life circumstances, is that it can be a horrible job:

Some players give them so little respect. While sometimes it's understandable, rebellious characters, IC circumstances, etc... it's just ridiculous to see so many players really not grasp the authority they have.

They get way too much abuse lobbed at them, some IC, some OOC. Before the guard system was really established, I had a go at being a Guard. And boy, it was one of the worst experiences I've had in this game and is pretty much why I have very little to do with it.

- While I understand people not liking NPC Guards, that's not good enough to conveniently ignore them. Of course, they can't really interact with you, but it's just mind-numbingly stupid when people just commit a crime in the middle of Cellsvich, as if nobody's gonna notice.

- I agree that a list of laws should be made available (and some clarity into punishments for them).

Though that said, it'll probably never be a complete list, there's bound to be something not accounted for or a rare situation pops up and throws something not mentioned. So it'll probably still come with the stipulation of "if Dev or a GM says it's illegal, it's illegal."

- I also agree that the way charges are given needs to have a good look at. A person having their history of violence tacked onto a non-violent offense is excessive.

While more jail RP would be ideal, sometimes the numbers just aren't there. This could be alleviated by characters who are made specifically for it but I don't think there's a solid way to handle it other than hoping you can get ahold of someone who actually wants to.

I'm also on board with the idea of alternate ways to work down a sentence. Fines for minor crimes. Offers to reduce sentence time for prisoners with good behaviour. That sort of thing.

And things to actually do in prison would be nice.

And finally, I'll stand by whatever Chaos decides for this one, if he really thinks this is the final straw, so be it.

Personally, however, I think Krono definitely deserves the arrest but it would be best to save the execution for when he does something that can definitely be considered a violent or excessive crime. An alternative punishment could be something like confiscating his mask. (Though, taking away someone's right to use a donation item isn't ideal either, kinda sucks to spend real money on an item and not be able to use it after all.)
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]

Messages In This Thread