Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raijin to Popularity
"K Peculier" Wrote:If we're going to nerf this one single blade, we should nerf every other melee weapon that does not scale off strength to be fair.

I think buffing strength would be the best idea here rather than giving a single item all the hate.

I believe we should all believe in Dev that he knows what he's doing with these weapons.

"KhalidtheGrey" Wrote:So we wait on the results of that debate on the Strength Buff thread then revisit non-str non-dagger melee weapons. Sounds fair and reasonable.

Why would we wait on balancing the single outlier when the proposed changes to Strength would directly benefit the sword afterward? Assuming that Strength both gets buffed in the first place and gets buffed in such a way that it helps kill tanks -- both incredibly steep assumptions -- the only reason to keep this weapon as is would be if its intended identity is to be trash at killing tanks, but give free stat allotment to crit builds. That seems doubtful.

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm not fond of situations where only one or two weapons define an entire archetype because of raw efficiency. Wo-dao, just a month ago? Excel Sniper, before ten stars? How about pre-nerf Staff of Eyes? I don't recall many other katanas, polearms, or single shot guns being used in the time periods those were strongest.

Messages In This Thread