Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raijin to Popularity
Out of all of the new, really awesome katanas, Raijin is as close as you can get to being objectively the best. It boils down to the conversation we've all seen on the forums time and time again about Strength scaling being inferior to Defensive and Hybrid stats like Skill and Luck, since people using weapons scaling off of the former still need the latter to function.

I can expand on the reasoning more if necessary, but I feel like at this point it's a dead horse everyone is familiar with. My suggestion is to change Raijin's scaling from 60% Skill 40% Luck to 60% Strength 40% Luck. This brings it in line with the other katanas and still makes it a fantastic weapon.
Agreed. Change it to 60% STR 40% LUC; all swords should use STR to scale in my opinion because its a protection against super accurate un-dodge-able sword kensei builds. A 60% SKI 40% LUC scaling sounds like a combination for a dagger since most daggers scale without STR.
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
I'm on the fence here, but inclined to say 'No, this is fine, we already have enough stuff scaling from STR'. My opinion might shift later if I read more about reasonable things than 'lol this needs nerf because everyone is using'.

> One side made me satisfied because now you can Kinu properly, since your sword scales the same of your gun and you can have awesome Devil May Cry moments with Demon Hunter.

> Other side hesitantly nods that it's quite the 'best' sword around for now, since SKI gives so many hitting benefits. But again, Rebellion got nerfed and Wo-Dao is useless. This sword is simply taking over that cheap setup's role now, so no biggie. (Added to the fact they're quite the drag to drop, being blend in the world of items that we have now. It's not something you can obtain in one day. [Or is, depends on your luck.])

But again, almost everything scales from STR nowadays. Why would non-STR based stuff be limited only to Archers, Rogues and Mages? Sure, a Soldier might need STR, maybe a Martial Artist too. But Duelist? They're versatile.

In my sincere opinion, I'd rather support more SKI weapons being added.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
"Snake" Wrote:This sword is simply taking over that cheap setup's role now, so no biggie.

I'm not sure I follow the logic behind leaving the weapon superior to all of the other new and interesting ones simply for the sake of 'having one overpowered weapon is no big deal'. Swords would be a lot easier to stat for if they weren't all mostly reliant on strength, but that isn't the precedent that's been set and this is currently a glaring exception.
It was just a big problem in deciding the scalings of them, yes. Still wondering why not make the other STR-'jins' go SKI-'jins' instead, to make more and more playstyles around it. Akujin and Sanjin not scaling from SKI was a big deception in my opinion and this should be changed. Yukijin could get a 100% SKI scaling too to stay thematic with Ice, and Kouenjin could get 60% SKI 40% STR.

Though, one thing you're right, Swords scaling from SKI shouldn't be directly tied to LUC at all, so far I can agree with that. But choke-slamming the scaling to STR right after a lot of people LE'd and fruited to build properly would be a loooooot lame and UNFAIR, don't you think?

If anything, the base accuracy should be gibbed to compensate for the hit you get on SKI, durability lowered by 10-15 like the other SKI Katana we have, the Hakouhen(?), and the base weight increased by 5, instead.
My only problem with this change is the fact some people have respecced their stats for it (and most likely from the asago fruit). If that's their main weapon, it would be become nearly useless to them if they did not build STR, simply because they were focusing on the Raijin.

They'd most likely be demanding refunds if this happened, because people can get annoyed at realizing these 200 asagorians or free rewrite were wasted.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
I dislike Raijin because it's a SKI/LUC scaling sword that's lightning themed, and very much BECAUSE it's lightning themed, I'd be fine with literally any other sword, but lightning is too powerful as an element and there's now a clear factor when choosing a lightning themed weapon, and takes away from choosing literally every other lightning themed weapon because of how good it's scaling is compared to the other lightning themed weapons.

[Image: f299ed2d86.png]

Why ever Conduiz a Abberation spear now when you can Conduiz a Raijin?
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
I say and repeat, there are better ways to make a weapon unusable than just swapping the scaling around. Damage the accuracy, power and durability of Raijin and it will be fine. Don't we have GUNS as an example for this? But meh, whatever. Game's not mine anyway.

If we're turning this to STR, can we atleast get Kazejin, a SKI/CEL Wind Katana?
"Snake" Wrote:I say and repeat, there are better ways to make a weapon unusable than just swapping the scaling around. Damage the accuracy, power and durability of Raijin and it will be fine. Don't we have GUNS as an example for this?

You might as well weed out the problems early before anything else, Kunai, I think the scaling is the problem here myself.

I suppose the best way to go about this is to split it's scaling up a bit, giving it 25% STR, 50% SKI, 25% LUC might be good enough to go by, but the hardline is, it needs an offensive stat tied to it as a lightning elemental themed sword otherwise we get people getting away with conduiz spellblades for basically scotch free stat wise and then can build tanky stats + dodge as a result which is NEVER healthy, ever.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
Have to agree with Snake here, since greatly changing the scaling like that just because it's a SKI/LUC weapon or because it's lightning-themed, when there's a decent amount of people using it is just going to cause a hissy fit.

If you really want to 'nerf' it when there is barely any absurd builds coming from it, then suggest other changes for its stats. Not the scaling.

People already build tanky stats + dodge with conduiz and STR-scaling weapons.

And please try to not sound aggressive.
[Image: Fern22.gif]