Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roleplay Content Suggestions
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=2344#p2344 Wrote:Neus » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:35 pm[/url]"]
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=2333#p2333 Wrote:Rendar » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:14 pm[/url]"]Set out a guideline of what DMs can do, rules, and things that go along with that so we can review it and see if this is something we want. It's honestly the only way to properly do it and so long as good people get DM rights, and not.. a certain... few.. others. it should be good.

While I think wanting the right people to have the job is a valid concern, it kind of annoys me how people didn't just straight up say that and instead acted like the idea itself was bad because they didn't want Ryu to be involved. I don't really have time right this second to write up everything, but in general, my idea was having people (whom I select based on nominations/applications/whatever) who want to come up with plot lines, submit them on a private forum so they can be reviewed, and once they get the okay from me, can do it in-game using some tools (which I'd have to make as they don't exist yet; to make custom maps/enemy encounters/whatever) at their own leisure. They'd also be required to take screenshots/chat logs of the event, so I can see how it was played out, and if I liked something I saw in it or whatever, I could maybe put some reference to it in the game proper later. It'd also provide consistency with other events and would be a record if a problem was discovered later.

They wouldn't be able to force you to participate, or kill your character, etc. Keep in mind that I'm also likely to be picky, because I have directions/facts about the world and lore that I don't want to conflict events that happen, and what I'm planning to do takes priority.

Okay, so. Basically it goes like this.

1. Get nominated to be DM
2. Storyboard the plot over on SECRET FORUMS.
3. Have it be reviewed, changed as needed, and talked over between all DMs/Dev.
4. Make revisions as needed, resubmit idea.
5. Get the okay to do it.
6. Promptly make everything you need to run the storyline .where. you need it to go.
7. Run the storyline when you can and take logs/pictures.
8. If all goes well, Dev will integrate it with the actual in-game story if it affects much.
9. ???
10. PROFIT!

Messages In This Thread