Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leveling out VIT
Those on the Discord have probably heard me complaining about VIT over the last week or so. It is above and beyond the most valuable stat.

1 VIT is 10 HP.

1 DEF is a 1% physical resistance.

1 RES is a 1% magical resistance.

In order for either of those "mitigation" stats to match VIT in value, you need to take over 1000 damage of either damage type (1000x0.01=10) in one damage roll. That right there is insane enough on its own. If you're taking on average 250 damage a turn, that makes VIT four times as valuable as either defensive stat. If that damage is split 60/40 - let's say 150 physical, 100 magical - in that scenario, 1 VIT is as effective as almost seven points into DEF and 10 points of DEF - at the same time. In that scenario, 1 VIT = 17 stat points elsewhere.

When you pick a resistance stat, you are only guarding against its respective damage type. VIT is effective against everything - magic and physical. And even further, it retains its value against resistance piercing attacks. VIT does not care about your true damage.

I am uncertain about relocating the HP gain to STR - I haven't given that enough thought to have a real opinion on the idea. My knee-jerk reaction (read: a bad idea) would be to cut VIT HP gain in half down to 5 (maybe even down to 4, or 3), and give DEF/RES a 2.5 HP gain each. People who invest into "tank" should be tanky, but it should require a significantly higher investment than it does right now.

The ramifications of slashing HP across the board for literally every character is a huge thing, though. There's a lot to consider before making such a drastic change, I'm sure, and I admittedly haven't given it enough thought myself - PVP would probably become even more of a clown fiesta than it is right now. Most likely a bad thing.

EDIT: I want to clarify I do not know if VIT being overvalued is a good or bad thing, and I do not know if changing things would be a good or bad thing. I am just trying to put VIT's value (and, subsequently, DEF/RES's value) into perspective.

Messages In This Thread