Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geist Schritt vs AoEs
There is a difference between Geist and Spell Snatch in this regard however. Unlike Spell Snatch, Geist is integral to Boxer. Most, when faced with one, already just spam AoE's just to deal with them.

Even in terms of spells, a good portion of Evoker spells bypass it already. Sear, Windslasher, Isenshi, Vydel, and Libregrande (the five also being prominent elements the majority of people in-game use); and in terms of mage spells: Air Pressure, Fir, Explosion, Famuiga and Mui (I think), and Stone Dragon (would have included Isendo but I -think- it triggers it?). While there could be more exceptions, since it does in retrospec screw over Lightning users. But with the multitude of options that seem to exist already? Being so secluded as to use one element (albeit even for IC reason) can have that issue of being unable to deal with such threats.

The point being options, even in magic, exist to deal with it. Even melee users opt to use Sidecut, Silcut, Crystal Rose, Cyclone Spear, Chaser, etcetera instead of take the chance to proc it. We have to take in mind that literally the Geists are the only thing that allow a Boxer to not be completely cheesed; since most will position themselves in a place a Boxer would need to Orkham them just to get into their other offensive skills. It acts as a way to help them have a chance to keep close and in position without being rendered useless.

TL;DR: Please just keep it how it is. Their Geist is literally one of the few things keeping them from being about as cheesed as a character that gets immobilized without any sort of 'teleport' skills/spells (I.E: Blink)
[Image: PersonalNecessaryArmyworm-size_restricted.gif]
Dyrnwyn, ERUPT, and IGNITE!

Messages In This Thread