Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leveling out VIT
If i may revive this old thread for a moment, I'd like to suggest one other thing that i didn't see mentioned.
In regards to the original post, I'd say something similar, But in a slightly different direction.
Vitality is the main concern, Alot of people either seem to support or criticize this idea(Because it affects their unkillable tank)
I think we are all a bit tired of seeing some tanky priest doing pvp with 1000+ health, Taking half damage from everything, Then healing themself for 200+ with Malmelo and Graft while still being able to do like 100 damage with basic attacks, Fire tiles, and movement affects to do well over 200 a turn, Which is practically a crit build but with enviromental effects. They can match your damage and tank FAR less damage than you, AND heal it.
It's fucking disgusting, and the only thing it does is stroke their ego in a one sided pvp fight.

The suggestion
I'd rather not have str give more hp then Sanctity, As Sanctity is more of a Psuedo tank/support stat.
Strength will give +1 or nothing at all, I can see it giving some since it's physical effort which lets be honest is exercise, Which makes you healthy. It makes sense to a degree, But let's not push it too much.
Defense will give +2 (More reason to invest that Tank role, While not being too far behind in health if it's not as heavy of a focus.
Resist will give +1 (gives back a little to mages
Vitality will give +6 (Just Crackers Nerf it)
As far as the idea i'm mentioning on top of the original posters, I'd like to suggest a % system. Much like how apt boosts your stats per 6, Have vitality give you + 1 - 2% extra total hp per 6 Vit.

The Math
Assuming everything is put to 42 that gives hp...
Str 42/ Def 84/ Res 42/ Vit 252/ Sanc 84/ and +1 per stat point spent
That's 714
714 x 1.07(1% per 6 Vit) = 763
714 x 1.14(2% per 6 Vit) = 813

I think this would fix most of the issues with rediculous health builds, Lowering the overall average to a more balanced level.
Even if you don't spec into some of the stats above, You won't be missing that much health comparativly, It'll open a couple new ways to build without having to have Vit at 30-40 for every build, And i've proven that it won't hurt balance too much as we'll still achieve a more tolerable hp threashhold.

If you need more convincing, How about this. You can always change the vit per 6 % bonus to various values in the future, Test it out for a couple builds, Don't like it we can always change it back to how it is now. For a game that desires Flexability, Creativity and Uniqueness, Practically demanding Vit isn't putting up a good image of those ideals.

The only downside i can see this having, Is pve. Certain mobs might get stronger and others might get weaker.

Messages In This Thread