Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sore Throat Medicine
Throatopener would need something if it were to become Silent Prayer in your item belt. There are more classes than Evoker that would benefit from using a Throatopener that gave them a window of silence immunity (see: hexer, gs, bonder, ST). The damage reduction wouldn't mean they'd deal no damage at all, a CM'D invoc at 50-75% strength would probably still outright kill some people if not deal significant damage if you still wanted to go for it. Also it's been stated multiple times the issue is the fact they'll HSDW after the throatopener, thus giving them that window in the case of Invocations, other Invocations aren't an issue with this. Ryemei crits are totally capable of killing some people instantly, dealing upwards of 1,000 EHP damage to something with low lighting resist.

'Run or die' is never a good thing, sometimes it's necessary due to suboptimal positioning, but forcing the situation when you've all but Etacof'd an Evoker shouldn't be what will always be required. With the throatopener buff this is what would play out every time an Evoker isn't killed before round 2. Which is actually fairly possible, but I digress.

I don't think the prospect of adjusting throatopener should be entirely dismissed, it just needs something to make it not entirely superior to Silent Prayer. A minor damage reduction would prevent massive burst damage immediately following a silence. I'd suggest Potion Sickness but that wouldn't alleviate the issue at all. A Momentum increase would either be useless or overbearing. So I'm not entirely sure what else might bring it in line. Perhaps just blocking invocations? This would really only affect Evokers and faster mages, but it'd solve the issue of an Invocation-based nuke.

Messages In This Thread