Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sore Throat Medicine
Can Throatopener grant a 2 round immunity to silence on use?

Since you can't infinitely use it anymore and the ways to silence someone are sometimes way more stacked on the opponent's direction, (Cutthroat knocks down, Absolute Fear can re-apply it infinitely, Rebia and Sturm Shriek can refresh it infinitely and comes with a good damage, etc etc.) just to make every use a bit more fair for Mages in this gut punching meta.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I think this should be the good medicine effect (IE: putting 5 points into the alchemy talent)

Otherwise I'm completely fine with this.
As long as there is a drawback upon use, I'd be for it. Like it requires 4M-5M to use to keep Silent Prayer useful.
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
Silent prayer does the same thing but doesn't have a limited item slot usage, tbf.
The limited slots are what balances it now, Akame. You can only have a maximum of 4-5 of those in an entire fight.

Like I stated on the OP, you can't use it infinitely anymore, due to the changes on the Item Belt. And to be honest, a lot of other items could get small changes in their effects, or effect duration increases, thanks to this.
This would make Throatopener an item version of Silent Prayer. I don't think that the Item Belt's limit is even partially enough to make up for this. This would require another substantial drawback or two, at the very least.

That, and I'm not keen on giving everyone and their mother an instant, FP-free method to cure and ignore Silence at the same time.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Unlike Blind, Fear, and Hesitation, Silence both negates entire builds and has no meaningful ways to mitigate its effect.

Since the status doesn't seem to be changing anytime soon, I'm definitely on board for tacking on some immunity.
I have a simple suggestion: Throatopener removes Charge Mind as its drawback.

Sorry, but that's my problem with anything that bypasses Silence, as ridiculous of a status effect as it is: big dunk Evokers.
[Image: 43061579a09db588952b04fe4c658928.png]
Fair enough, at Nanovelich.

To be honest, my mind was more set on other things than Evoker, such as Spellthieves, Tactician, Summoner Spells and even Boxer's Asura Fist. Throatopener cleansing Charge Mind, or reducing all of Evoker's buff (HSDW, Charge Mind) durations to 1 after use would be *finger chef kiss* noice, and actually not make other spellcasters than Evoker or Curates suck dong every time they get silence-locked by a Kensei, VA, Hexer, LB, Boxer, Ghost, Drowned Woman or any lucky Papilion.

Giving immunity and cleansing Evoker buffs might be less of a chore than slapping cooldowns on every silence source.
Silence being so easy to apply is mostly justified by the fact it's the only way to really get past 'I'm about to one-shot you, and my Lazarus Wind won't even let you guard because knockdown.'

So yes, that is why I point out Charge Mind of all things. Other classes shouldn't be dragged down that much because Evoker's nuking potential is so high. HSDW isn't that bad, because with 2 round immunity, you can still pull off an invocation ONLY if you have HSDW. But having Charge Mind on top of that simply makes Silence useless anymore.

I actually like the 'reduce to 1 round duration' idea though, because it means Evokers can still use their non-invocations, but they have to choose between a CM'd non-invocation or a non-CM'd invocation after popping Throatopener.

Without the drawback:
>Charge Mind
>Throatopener, HSDW
>Invoke, Cast

You're only stopping them from Blink chasing, really, and I'm sure there's a way to still manage it if the Evoker strategizes well.
[Image: 43061579a09db588952b04fe4c658928.png]