Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lights Out
"Neus" Wrote:I know people are going to complain about it later if it's automatic, potentially for very valid reasons (IE; I can't see my character very well during battle, I can't see where my character is moving on the map at night). Having it be a toggle doesn't make sense to me, either, even if it's with a long delay, and I'm not sure how that toggle would be represented in the game interface anyway (unless it's, like, an item or something).

I'm not saying I'm completely against it but there are outstanding concerns which I haven't found satisfactory solutions for.

That's fair, I can empathize with those concerns. If the main trouble is people having the change pushed on them unwillingly, as well as an odd non-permanency aspect that clashes with the lore, how would you feel about implementing it as a Trait? It may detract from combat usefulness in the larger scheme of things, but I'd sacrifice a slot in a heartbeat for the visual effect. Players who don't like it don't have to take it, and players who do can't toggle it on and off like idiots.

Messages In This Thread