Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lights Out
Can Umbral icons be given some percentage of transparency when it's night time? It would help players notice the change more clearly, and, in my opinion, be an easy way to add flavor to the race.
I quite like the idea, as opposed to getting racial icons they'd get this sort of thing? That'd be amazing for IC purposes.
This gives me flashbacks to the SL1 Hide mechanic.

That being said, I'm for this idea.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
I really wish Oracles got the same thing with predicting Rain/Iahsus/BB attacks.

I don't see why not, would be really cool for them.
The transparency needs to be just right so people can notice the difference without giving buffoons the ability to OOCly slip past people unlocking/locking doors to break into houses and such, yeah. (Tile contrast makes a difference for that is the thing.) Otherwise, this is a great idea.

As is what Lone hid in tiny text, in my opinion.
[Image: 43061579a09db588952b04fe4c658928.png]
People would probably complain about race metagaming and I don't think making it a toggle is really a good idea.
As if it's hard to tell an umbral unless they cover their mark with makeup or facewear.
How is umbral meta an issue at all when whether or not they like it umbrals vanish at night?
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
"Neus" Wrote:People would probably complain about race metagaming and I don't think making it a toggle is really a good idea.

I don't think this is much of an issue among the more obvious races. Very few people encounter this issue with Shaitans, Kaelensians, etc, because their racial features are very defining. What you describe is primarily only an issue for Vampires, since 'race metagaming' amounts to enchanting a weapon with holy for a rather extreme bonus. While people could theoretically do the same to Umbrals with light damage, it isn't as if they wouldn't fade out at night time from a roleplaying standpoint anyway.

Can you expand on why you don't like the idea of making it a toggle?
It shouldn't be one in the first place and I'm sure some people would just toggle it on and off at night to try and be funny.
The only thing I don't quite follow you on is that I was under the impression Umbrals naturally faded out at night time, regardless of whether or not they wanted to. If that's true, it wouldn't really be metagaming at all. If that isn't the case, a toggle option with some stupidly long cooldown to stop a bunch of memes would still be something a lot of us would enjoy having.

Either way, I appreciate the responses.