Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Not-Powerful
I’ve had this issue for a little bit, and I’ll voice my complaints here. Simply put, Will isn’t up to par when it comes to skill slots. Let’s run through this:

Skill gives 1 skill slot per 5 points of Skill. That’s a given, since Skill is literally how skilled you are at something, and how much experience you have. It only makes sense.

Guile gives 1 skill slot per 5 points of Guile. This one is more in the air for me, but I can let it pass, since it’s cunning and slyness. Though, very odd, considering...

Will gives 1 skill slot per 10 points of Will. Mental fortitude and actual focus aren’t as good as being sneaky and deceitful, and since mages often run on Will, this is leaving me confused. Without scaling kicking you in the rear, you can only get 4 skill slots with 40 Will (a huge investment), and if you’re a Lich, you get 5 instead with 50 Will.

This seems a little odd to me, especially considering that people were complaining about skill slots being a problem. But, there’s one thing: Spellbook. For the low cost of 3 spent talent points and main-handing or off-handing a tome, you get 5 free skill slots just for holding a tome. I personally think this is a bit ridiculous, on top of the Will skill slots, so I’m going to suggest this to save characters that rely on Will without using a tome (like Spelledge weapon users, Black Knights, Martial Artists, Monks, Ghostwind/Asura Fist, etc):

Quote:Will gives 1 skill slot per 5 scaled Will.
Spellbook’s effect is halved if the tome is offhanded or if wielding another weapon other than a tome.
[Image: unknown.png]

Messages In This Thread