Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magic Time: Evokers
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=2984#p2984 Wrote:Argonus » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:27 pm[/url]"]Evoker is probably the most minimaxed class in the game, but it's not really about power, it just makes them boring. Evokers do literally nothing to achieve all that damage, it all comes from passives and innates with a marginally small detriment. Even charge mind is just sitting still for a few turns, you do barely anything for a big payoff. Every other class at least tries to be dynamic with their respective features, but evokers... it's just mindless, so I can see how people still say they're too strong despite the numbers saying otherwise. Even their stat growths are effortless to the point where you can achieve 80 WILL at 60 with any race with a decent growth in it, and pretty damn close with all the others, especially after LE.
I must be doing it wrong, since the only evo I've gotten to 60 twice barely manages to scrape up past 60 Base WIL

Nonetheless, Evoker is working as intended. The People asked for this. If you were here before we moved forums a while back, I would've directed you to the old topic in which Dev hosted a poll for the next promo class. Evoker, Magic Gunner, Artificer, Aquamancer, and Papillion (Yes, it was originally intended to be a class). Dev posted descriptions for each class, and to make a long story short, Dev described Evoker as the standard nuke class They're intended to be simple, albeit, I do agree they should have a bit more depth to them. But when Dev himself describes them as the average nuke class, there's only so much you can expect.

Messages In This Thread