Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magic Time: Evokers
So, now that we have another baseline for how magic is treated, I think it's fair to say that Evokers are pretty darn lame.

Mind Charge needs more utility (multiple uses, affecting the range/effect of spells), or just something to make them -the- definitive nuke mage.

Because right now they're just plain dull, and their position on the nuke ladder is tentative.

So, discuss.
They've always been dull in my eyes, but most people seem to enjoy how straight forward they are. Maybe when higher rank evocation show up we'll see something interesting.
Maybe have spell domains, when mind charged, do different things as an added bonus?

Isespian domain magnetizes, or even draws in targets.

Nature, since it sucks ass, chain-lightnings to other targets within 3 squares dealing half damage.

Sylphid blasts targets away or creates a small 'tornado' trap at the end that blows enemies away should they get to close.

Nairyfin domain burns targets? idek. Sear is kinda OP as is whenever Charge Minded so it doesn't really need any help.
I'd like to see more spells in general. Being element thematic is hard when some of the effects of some spells really suck ass (libegrande) and there's not much versatility in one domain as there is in the all around domain aspect.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
Mind Charge Addtion Suggestions:

*Grant non-evoker offensive spells a 1.5x Damage increase at Rank 5
*Cause buff/debuff spells casted afterwards to have a reduced FP cost perhaps

Mind Charge Add-on Skills:

Charge Domain:

Active

4M

Requires Mind Charge Rank 3

While Under the effects of Mind Charge, you may further increase your focus on a specific element, granting you 2.5x damage with the domain of the first spell equipped in your skill pool. This effect ends when an offensive spell is casted or when mind charge is ended.

Charge Extreme:
Active

4M

Required Mind Charge Rank 3

While under the effects of Mind Charge, you may push your mind to it's very limits, so much so it affects your body itself. grants your next casted spell the ability to ignore all forms of resistance. This ability takes a toll on the users body however, causing them to take 1.5x physical damage as well as lowering their evade by 25%

Various Other Skills:

Grand Cast:

Passive/Toggleable

Causes all spells that have a single target to deal splash damage equal to Rank% to enemies within 1 square. This skill cannot be active while Sole Cast is active.

Rank 1: 2%
Rank 2: 4%
Rank 3: 6%
Rank 4: 8%
Rank 5: 10%

Sole Cast:

Passive/Toggleable

Causes all spells that have an AoE to become single target spells that deal Rank% extra damage. This skill cannot be active while Grand cast is active.

Rank 1: 2%
Rank 2: 4%
Rank 3: 6%
Rank 4: 8%
Rank 5: 10%

And that's all I can think of.
Quote:Charge Domain:

Active

4M

Requires Mind Charge Rank 3

While Under the effects of Mind Charge, you may further increase your focus on a specific element, granting you 2.5x damage with the domain of the first spell equipped in your skill pool. This effect ends when an offensive spell is casted or when mind charge is ended.

Charge Extreme:
Active

4M

Required Mind Charge Rank 3

While under the effects of Mind Charge, you may push your mind to it's very limits, so much so it affects your body itself. grants your next casted spell the ability to ignore all forms of resistance. This ability takes a toll on the users body however, causing them to take 1.5x physical damage as well as lowering their evade by 25%

Well, aside from a certain. Awfully made skill that makes an attack you do deal 6.25x damage. With the possibility that you. Might be able to tag that together with an "I IGNORE ALL RESISTANCE!" ability so you're taking that damage straight on and require to be a Ghost or a BG wearer to even survive, and that's a 'maybe'...

The "ignore resistance" thing is neat and all but. Evoker's Charge mind is already strong on the damage front. It doesn't need to get stronger, whatsoever. The only way to legitimately survive one of their spells that are charge minded is to wear resistance. Otherwise there isn't a real chance to do so. So, I'm not really going to say those are cool.

Those other skills though?

Those are cool as fuck. It makes a reason for you to single target cast Sear. Considering it hits an entire fucking group of people. Also, maybe make Grand Cast have it's range increased? 1-square is very small. Maybe a 2 diamond. Or 3.

Oh. Right. Maybe giver Evoker more skill choices for their magical spell list? For Earth all they get is Magaisendo and invocation. Ice is Libergrande.

Giving them more versatility with their spells would definitely make fighting with them a lot better.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=2960#p2960 Wrote:Rendar » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:15 am[/url]"]Evoker's Charge mind is already strong on the damage front. It doesn't need to get stronger, whatsoever. The only way to legitimately survive one of their spells that are charge minded is to wear resistance. Otherwise there isn't a real chance to do so.
Except:

Guard
Absorb fire/ice
Reflect Ryemei
Long range Magaisendo
Item Slot
Item Slot ( 2 )
Item Slot
Evoker's being half way across the map.

For the people who don't wear said items, it's nigh impossible to survive magic unless you wear tons of resist gear. Did I mention that Guard can be broke by simply knocking down your opponent? Which can be done very simply if you play a martial Artist Evoker character. Or start up an invocation with HSDW up near them to follow up with a basic spell. Which is silly to do but yeah.

This isn't really the place to discuss that though.
I've got a few more ideas to sling around, seeing what sticks:

Forgotten Chapter:
Tome Skill. Active.

4M

This skill is only available while Mind Charge is active. All tomes hide secrets, but only those who study them immensely can bring about their true power. when Mind charge is active, this skill allows you to release latent potential in tomes, however as a result, the tome loses it's spell power bonus. Using this skill ends Mind Charge.

Does a Basic attack on the target, using the tomes basic parameters for attack along with these modifiers:
Rank 1: 1.5x WIL Bonus Damage
Rank 2: 1.5x WIL Bonus Damage, +1 Range
Rank 3: 2x WIL Bonus Damage, +1 Range
Rank 4: 2x WIL Bonus Damage, +2 Range
Rank 5: 2.5x WIL Bonus Damage, +3 Range, Causes extra effects based on the Chapter of the Tome.

Focus Discharge:
Active. Elemental Impactable

4M. 3 Range.

This Skill is only Available while Charge Mind is active. A desperation measure used by many mages that channels focus into a blast of pure arcane energy. At the cost of half your FP, deal Rank% of your current FP as Pure Magic damage. Using this skill ends Charge Mind.

Rank 1: 10% FP
Rank 2: 20% FP
Rank 3: 30% FP, +1 Range
Rank 4: 40% FP
Rank 5: 50% FP +1 Range
I would most certainly not dramaticaly boost their damage, but higher rank invocations are what I'd like. The current way Evokers are, is basicaly, "The longer you leave me alone, the more fucked you are.", therefore, to support that spirit further, higher rank invocations could be nice.

Elements are often in games, animays etc used to manipulate the battlefield to their liking. Sure, we got sear and ice tiles. But what about walls? I dislike how I can't just setup a wall in someones face. This defensive tactic would be incredibly viable to buy themselves time to, idk, CM or something, but on the other hand, said wall would perhaps block all attacks. Ranged weaponry and magic alike. Or something along the lines.