Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Item Suggestion: Unbound Footwear
"Chaos" Wrote:Immobilize immunity, straight-out, is far too good to be on an equipment item, especially without any real drawbacks. (-2 DEF is nowhere near an appropriate drawback, especially when you consider that it'll allow super-mobile builds to dance out of damage anyways)

I'd be much more for adjusting or introducing more skills that can tackle Immobilize.

When I posted this:

"Kameron8" Wrote:Whether it provides immunity or low cost escape abilities or something in between, it makes the most sense to introduce an item that helps fight immobilize, rather than a trait, class ability, consumable, etc.

The implication was supposed to be that I'm not married to -2 defense and immunity. The main idea of this entire thread is 'implement an item that lets people deal with immobilize'. I think adding class specific skills is a poor way to address the issue of immobilize becoming more accessible -- instead of 'Be a martial artist or you die', the problem just expands to 'Be a martial artist or X or you die'. It seems far more intuitive to add the countermeasure as an item.

I warn against hyperfocusing on the specific stats/effect I suggested, as it makes it very easy to forget the takeaway that being incapable of playing the game because of a status effect inflicted on you every turn is both unfun and unfair.

Messages In This Thread