Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Overload (And charge mind) bug
During some battle testing with a friend of mine I decided to test a few spells out alongside overload. After a few battles I was wondering why my overload was doing so seemingly little while charge minded and not. So I did some tests!

When fighting a prinny, the damage of overload was normal for charge mind and without it. A 2.5x multiplier exactly. However in battle with an actual person, this differed greatly.

[Image: c01c62d7b0.png]
This was the damage before charge mind was active.

[Image: f5b4d61ff0.png]
And this was the damage afterwards. Which is only roughly a 159% total multiplier.

So what I believe is happening is that charge mind isn't boosting the damage bonus from bonus stats. Which might be entirely intentional, and might even be better balanced than the alternative, I Dunno.

What I do know is that as a result its often better to not use charge mind at all when using overload, as high speed divine words casting is better DPS. Which seems counter-intuitive from charge mind itself.

Posting this here in case its a bug. If its not, no big deal. Though if its not a bug, it might also be worth looking into boosting overload's base electric scaling a little. It scales worse than ryemei, at only 110% lightning attack at rank 5.

Messages In This Thread