Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Zerans] Bad reception
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=344#p344 Wrote:LadyLightning » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:58 pm[/url]"]Let's just be accurate here.

A Vampire spending essence on Silvermists doesn't reduce their stats by 2, they reduce them by 4.

If you have 15 base STR, and you have 60 essence, that +2 bonus comes out to 17 STR. However,
if you only have 50 essence, not only does that +2 bonus go away, but you get a -2 penalty on top
of that, for a total of 13 STR.

It's not a reduction of 4 if your debt is only 2 in the end. It's like finances, a +2 is a Net of 2 while -2 is a debt of 2. Without the bonus you're at 0, so losing 2, you'd be at -2 which is only a debt of 2, not 4. It's simple math. I understand what you're saying in the equation, but you're overlooking the fact you're even getting a bonus in the first place. You never had a 17, you net 2 and debt 2 when you had less Essence than required. Your math is correct, but your insight is wrong.

Even then, some of these things are only stat dependent on what class you are, so some of them don't even harm you. Other things like Cel can always be made up for in bonuses and things. So even with a -2, it's still not the end of the world in terms of loss. It's honestly a fair drawback for a powerful ability and the combination abilities it gets. It serves its usefulness despite having a weakness (which everyone hates because people can't stand to not be better than others, it seems sometimes), unlike some other races who get little to nothing, or virtually useless abilities overall.

Hell, I'm not even saying nerf Vampires here, I'm just saying some other races need a little bit more affection than Vampire favoritism, or anything that's remotely powerful and has less downsides to it. Starting with Zerans would be nice, seeing as for such great winners of Heaven's Contention and important guides to life, they're underplayed, hated against ICly, thought of as cows and sheep OOCly because of their horns, and they get pretty outclassed by the others in their category (honestly wondering why they're the only ancient with a lifespan, but that's not much of a big deal).
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!

Messages In This Thread