Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blazing Cyclone Spam
I'm bringing this thread up only now due to Firebird changes around the corner but currently the thing that enables them the most is the usage of this skill with ignite power as well, given the spammability of Blazing Cyclone Spear and how effective it is at stacking both ignite power and doing damage I feel like this skill faces a lot of scrutiny currently.

It is undeniable just how good this skill is, the very wide AoE that you can throw onto any tile in 5 range (effectively making it 9 range.) is extremely hard to avoid pretty much ever, you cannot reliably kite that back with any proper use of mobility skills barring like, Sidecut with a good chunk of flottement stacks.

The skill does somewhat low damage to an individual which is arguably true, but I think being able to throw the skill a very far range and then pull enemies to a controllable location is also very good, in one example you can use this one skill to completely deny a duelist or boxer's approach while also doing damage, among many other scenarios.

Onto the meat of the thread however I have some major problems with the following elemental variants of the skill:
-Blazing Cyclone Spear
-Freezing Cyclone Spear

The latter is not nearly as big an issue as the former, but both enable the usage of Firebird's Ignite Power to a very unhealthy degree, what would normally take a couple of actions worth of setup from any other skill, Cyclone Spear does in 1 single use, instantly generating 37 cinder or ice tiles to use if you use it in a close proximity, which is more than any non-trap skill can produce. (Or a perfectly placed Heaven kick I suppose)

Blazing Cyclone Spear in specific appears to be a problem because it generates cinder tiles and then pulls enemies through them (effectively giving the attack a +50% fire ATK scaling, or +100% if you are slower than your opponent.), this can be fixed by simply making the pull happen before the cinder tiles are generated.

Lastly the range of Cyclone Spear is simply just too much, how far you can throw the spear or how big the Circle AoE need either to be adjusted drastically.

I'd love for more discussion regarding this skill, I'm not sure exactly on what needs to be done, my problems lie in how far ranged it is, and the cinder pull on Blazing's variant.

Messages In This Thread