Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rogue needs actual dagger skills and "roguery"
The Wind buffs are pretty much all the class can offer. The traps are not as appealing, both as a gameplay and compared to dashing through your opponent with a sword.

Or softening their ribs with a tiger-like punch.

Or praying for RNGsus for a miracle while healing everybody to full in two turns.

Or attacking from the other side of the map with a bow and arrow.

Or absolutely owning someone through brutal sword/axe/spear autohits and having an amazing frontal defense.

Or absolutely owning someone with a myriad of elemental spells which can't be 'shh'd.

Or hell, using skills/spells that are exclusive to Youkai yourself.

I'm all down for you to decide what to do to make the class rival the others, atleast in making it more interesting rather than be a momentum dump for 2 rounds to become effective. The whole theme of 'roguery' that I suggested was more as a few ideas from other games that gave Rogues a more scoundrel-like kit based on weakening your enemy to a sorry state, then exploiting those openings they can create themselves without the help of other situations.

Pocket Sand, for example, is a good skill to emphasize that. A rogue doing that is creating an opening for themselves is kind of cool. I just wish there were more ways to debuff your enemy into a sorry state, while being more fluid about your gameplay. (I.E, not 'wasting momentum' to do things).

It's why I suggested Rogues to have poisons and such tied to their kit, maybe using oils and explosives and really dirty tactics like kicking someone in their-- brains-- to stun.

Another thing I remember from Pre-GR was the fact that Rogues were the masters at dodging. But now that Evasion is free for all, they lost their theme. It's good to consider giving them a way to use Evasion even through skills that normally should ignore it. Or give them better Evasion damage reduction based on their Celerity. I don't know. So many options to consider given the tipped balance of the base classes.

Even if that's a planned drawback for the class, the benefits don't quite rival. Since other classes don't quite do the 'waste momentum' deal nowadays, due to the sheer amount of options you gave them.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]

Messages In This Thread