Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Item Buff Megathread
Hello once again! It's been a little while but I'm glad my words go through in one way or another or agreed upon. Since it has been a good time since the last post, I think I can bring out some more items that aren't as good as they can be.

Upon re-reading the old format I put things in, it's a bit of an eyesore. Hopefully this is better!

-----

Warding Cloth
1 Defense, 4 Magic Protection, 7 Evade, 1 Weight
10% Status Resist.
6★

10% is a lackluster amount to sacrifice an entire torso slot for and considering infliction rate can get very high. Even the Protective Paper Charm comes with a hefty 30%. (Albeit with counterplay available to attackers.)

It even fails to meet Martial Artist's Weathered Body requirement by one point making it even more undesirable than many other options available.

-----

Jarmor
0 Defense, 0 Magic Protection, 0 Evade, 1 Weight
On Battle Start: Gain a full damage shield made of jam for 50 Rounds with a LV equal to 2+(UL*2).
Before your HP is damaged, this shield's LV will be reduced.
(Full Damage Shields will also absorb any excess damage when broken)
10★

This armor has a very, very specific use which is to not get blown up by someone who can do a lot of damage in a single instance.

While I can appreciate the idea, the armor becomes almost useless after that singular save, with 0 base defenses and evasion.

Even with that single instance, players and even mobs often have the ability to double tap you with damage anyways.

A manual, high FP cost, high cooldown refresh might be a buff I can see this getting.
-----

Armor of Nails
7 Defense, 0 Magic Protection, 0 Evade, 15 Weight
On Damage: Melee attacks take 4 unresistable Pierce Damage.
3★

4 damage is a laughable amount, even for counter damage.

While I'm sure the purpose is to stack this effect with other counter damage types, the user will surely die before this armor by itself takes any meaningful effect on their opponent.

Considering the Fang-Faced Shield can do 12 damage (24 damage while guarding) as a 10★ hand slot item, I think the Armor of Nails can do a tiny bit better in some way as a torso item.

-----

Bands of Skill
Cloth
+10-20 FP
3★

Not much to say than a redundant item as Bands of the Crocodile can potentially give while giving +3 WIL (roughly equals 15 FP) and +2 DEF while only being 1★ higher in the rarity list.

-----

Burning Bracers
Metal
Suffer 2 Fire magic damage every turn. (Ignores resistances.)
On Hit: If a Fist weapon, deals 5 Fire unresistable magic damage.
4★

Potentially the worst on-hit item in the game, looking at it without its "utility" purposes. You take 2 damage to deal out 5 damage per hit.

With the introduction of the Arcane Tattoo (Barrier), using something like this is a major detriment as the measly 2 damage will eat the entire tattoo. Though I suppose that's an entire different rant on its own.

For on-hit damage one can simply just turn to the Swordmaster's Ring
without the downside of taking damage and dealing 10 damage per hit instead with its easily obtainable Enhanced version with an arguably better weapon type.

Maybe an upgraded version of the Burning Bracers would be interesting to see.

-----

Worn Gumshoe
Cloth
25% Earth Resistance
7★

I get that you could just buy these things but other similar foot slot resist items have at least the potential to get 30% elemental resistance. Just a small nitpick of course.

-----

And that ends this batch of complaints for now! Probably!
[Image: TvQhtZb.gif]

Messages In This Thread