Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Throwing Dodge a Bone [Evasion Adjustments]
Option two kinda feels liiike,  concentrating evasion ability in the classes that are supposed to be able to evade even more than before.  I don't think this'll change evasion's viability in general, but more boost those classes viability.  I don't think that's a bad thing necessarily though?

but tbh, I'd like to see a more global revamp to evasion; and not just in increasing DR.  Increasing the Evasion DR just means that it'll be more important to find ways to bypass evasion since they'll start approaching tank-ish levels of DR(almost).  I think it'd be nice to see more effects that proc on Evasion, rather than just evade, and skills that exist already should be more effective on evasion.  I think Flottement, something that's fallen out of the meta in some people's eyes, should reduce the damage you take from an Evasion!'d attack by 50%, once per round, kinda like a pseudo-cobra.  I think MA's Evasive strike should get a greater range, and should take an effect when proccing Evasion.  Rogue's Evasion definitely needs to see a revamp in this system, but I'm not really sure what it should be.  I think that a skill similar to what the engineer has for evading attacks and having your bots shoot back would be good to have as an archer skill; though if it seems like too much, it might be good to make it a handgun-exclusive skill for magic gunners, since those are meant to be the 'fastest' of shooty boyz.  I think any sort of 'on evade' effect proccing on evasion would be great, along with a few other things being added, because it would keep evasion feeling different from just stacking up DR.  Like I mentioned before, of course, this really needs to be something kinda expansive, though, to give at the very least most classes a way to build evasion; though I think it's understandable if stuff like arb or BK doesn't support evasion.

Light armorr, might be in need of examination for some changes, since right now it doesn't really get used to my knowledge?  Getting 15% DR in exchange for all those stats you invested tends to just not feel worth, so it's usually only used for whatever special effect it has on a tanky build, or if it's in-fighter gi, since in-fighter gi gets bonus evasion DR. even then, I think people only really think of the option for mainclass ranger, since they want to take advantage of the innate.

That's my two or three cents.  I think this is a great post that addresses something important to a lot of people.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Throwing Dodge a Bone [Evasion Adjustments] - by Maksimum_Fire - 07-08-2020, 02:08 AM