Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.11 Average
Opinion on the current state of SL2 as a RP game
Since my opinion on things as an eventmin, and opinion of things on a player can vary sometimes, I'm going to start by offering my thoughts as a player:

- Truth be told, I agree with the sentiment that all those festivals have been... honestly much better for those who already have their groups. There have been points where I've seen an upcoming event like that and dreaded it... because when you put things on that scale, it pushes away these shy, reactionary people, more. Why? Because, to be honest... as one of them, it can be overload. There is so much to follow, so many people to keep track of and when you try to reach out, get some RP your way... it can feel as if people are passing you by.

It's disheartening, really. It makes, for some people, the idea of such events... kind of a nightmare. Makes them seem infinitely less worth attending. Now I can't really put the blame on anyone here - big crowds make it all the more likely for people to slip under the cracks. But it's the people we want to get more involved who end up slipping under the cracks.

I'd want to see more members of the community with their established groups and everyone... perhaps see someone who might be struggling to get attention, or being quiet... reach out, you know? Just take a shy person and string them along with you. It'd make their day, considering how much effort it must have took them to even feel the confidence to attend those things.

(As a side note, what I really have not been liking as of recent is how at times I'll see members of the community beating down at reactionary RPers for being just that, without really caring for the reason. I think that's... in a way making it worse, being put down for the way you are. Not naming names, but to anyone who's done that before, please just be more mindful.)

---

Ever since I've been playing this game, these waves of on and off interest have been there. People constantly exploring all options like they want out of this. And to be honest, many are still considering it. From the quality of RP in public areas, to the lack of ability to make an impact in the world, to the state of the game mechanically - all have been reasons at some point for people. It's an ingrained mindset that it isn't worth the effort, and that doing nothing is somehow better than trying to voice yourself and do something. And it's something that's hard to change in people. I've been told plenty of times that it's probably not even worth trying.

But I want to see something people can be happy with, and that means having to make your voice heard as many times as you can until the people you need to reach start listening.

---

As an eventmin, I'd like to stress... public events are hard, even if we think we're ready for them. They're not a one person act, and I think we need more people from the community willing to step up beside us and, well... help create those kinds of events based on what people want. I, personally... am not omnipresent, and I can't ever guarantee on my own that I am making something the community actually wants. Which I'd like to alleviate by working more with the rest of the community, bringing something to the world that can make an impact, because not even us eventmins can do it alone. Not without pre-existing player influence. Something you can be a part of if you wish - something that matters. I'm not the biggest fan of the falcon's operatings as of recently... but more groups like that. More things run by the players to shift world dynamic, that we can help with... it'd probably spice things up a little bit.

This is less coherent thought, and more just me rambling out my opinions, though. Just what felt appropriate to say.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
[-] The following 4 users Like WaifuApple's post:
  • Cerrik, ClaudeScythe, Miller, Shujin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinion on the current state of SL2 as a RP game - by WaifuApple - 09-28-2020, 11:26 PM