Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.11 Average
Opinion on the current state of SL2 as a RP game
Warning this is done by phone.

I had a giant post but then the forum ate it. So here we go again. My hot take on the game state. I feel that some of these points need to be addressed once more, with more input by other folks that experience them so without a long post, here we go.

Events

Years back we spoke about having eventmins in a few discord servers that no longer exist. As we believed that the lack of content in the game beyond player ran events and black doors. Hence why the arena was so popular back then. It gave the players its daily dose of conflict rp. Without the worry of character deaths from ganks and the like.

Currently we now have six within a position to change that way of life. However as its been pointed out, not every event is accessible to the public. Mostly due to players and eventmins having their pick of who's informed and who isn't. There has and forever will be, constant bickering between players, eventmins, and gms. We have had many popular players do the anime speech of doing good for the community. Myself among them, but what happens is we all still revert to the "crowds" that we wish to please over the public itself.

I believe that eventmins, as well as Gms, could look towards the game world over created plot lines. A popular function in most multi-player games on a level such as this is dynamic events. For a example of this, a game that does it well is Guild Wars 2. There is always some sort of event happening on the map for players to gather together. Im not saying host one off events every 3 hours on the game, but something along the lines of random one offs in high player activity, would be healthy for the community. 

It has also been talked about in a certain Stella discord, but creating more boss content from either an eventmin, or new group content from Dev himself, would easily boost activity and again be healthy for the community.

Public Rp

I personally chalk this up as a player problem. Mainly due to the fact that most will look at player houses and claim they suck up the community. What I see is another player, or group of.players, making role-playing happen in their ennviorment. Something that can be done by anyone of us. Wallflower want roleplay handed to them, while being too shy to put forth the effort to sustain the area around them in rp. Leaving is for the dreaded curse of statues of players just looking at one another for that ooc hour long silence.

OOC Corner

Most of the people who go within it. Are the kinds that are spoken about above. Wallflower, the others are just build testers. Thats both on them and as well as a fault for the games state. What do they have to do if the world is slice of life rp. With a hint of storyline given by a player created event. It will always be there. Or moved else where if complained about even if these issues are fixed.

Theres plenty more to go on about. But not by me on this phone. I'm sure everyone else will cover what other topics I'd bring up anywho
[-] The following 3 users Like Sokuryoku's post:
  • Akame, Cerrik, Miller

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinion on the current state of SL2 as a RP game - by Sokuryoku - 09-29-2020, 01:58 AM