Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.11 Average
Opinion on the current state of SL2 as a RP game
For everyone's sake I will drop my opinion here in the most condensed and easily readable format.

1.Player Motivation being low can also be accounted for the fact that 2020 is probably one of the least motivated years I've ever witnessed in my near 30 years of being on this earth. I know a lot of people who are still motivated to play the game, but I also know a lot of people who at the start of quarantine did nothing but play this game, and now are likely burnt out.

2.Mechanically however I feel like we need more than just Water Monitors and Blood Drives. Neither of which inspire the playerbase to RP with one another, at the moment it's up to Eventmins to either make shit ourselves or support the playerbase when they make shit.

I am currently working on a RP space with approval from Dev to make it, and that's where my motivation is. Mine raids inspired some actual RP out of the community for a while, and even the Loyrwell Tombs did so as well. I feel like we could really stand to have more interesting locals to visit and RP in and explore outside of the major cities just to give people things to do that aren't one of the four cardinal directions of SL2.

>Sit in square for RP to degenerate into sexual topics.
>Hunt around in BDP's for RP.
>Go to bar LFG so you don't have to sit in a square for six hours.
>Test builds in OOC corner.

4. But on the other hand, it's not just Dev and a lack of fundamental support to the RP side of things and player effect on the world without permission. A lot of the community will come out in arms to state what they don't like and point out where they want the RP to be. But never actually make a difference or invest in the means to remedy it. A lot of the big guilds don't host public events with the clout they carry. A lot of old players don't RP with newer people (Which I GET. You only have so much time in the day to gamble your hobby away.)

It inevitably won't matter if Dev gives us more tools to play with, if no one wants to play with eachother.

CLOSING NOTE: I enjoy the game as it is, it's a passive experience at times and I don't have to stress overmuch about what is happening, how often I need to log in, or anything really. I get the RP I want when I want it, I get the conflicts I want when I want it. It just so happens it's rarely with any of the people posting here.
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Balor's post:
  • Boomkiller, Mewni, Shujin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinion on the current state of SL2 as a RP game - by Balor - 09-29-2020, 10:27 PM