Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.11 Average
Opinion on the current state of SL2 as a RP game
HEY HEY BOIS~!

Aight, since everyone and their grandmother posted here, I will do so as well! So, my opinions on some of the things mentioned:

[+] CLIQUES:
These are a pretty normal thing, and are - I think - just a part of human nature. Are they overly dominant in the game? Perhaps, perhaps. But, I sincerely doubt that we can do much about them.

[+] MECHANICAL COMBAT:
I dislike it, and have long ago traded it for RP combat. I firmly believe that this game should be an RP game first and foremost, as that is an itch it can reasonably scratch. 

[+] EVENTS:
So, while I have been away for a bit, due to exams and other cringe stuff, I have hosted a lot of events prior to becoming an eventmin. You can not, and will not have events that are not pre-determined, because of one very simple thing. You need space, to do your events. If you do not predict what your players might do, you will be put into a situation where progress is impossible, due to there simply not being a map that you can move on to. There are a few 'solutions' to this, like halting an event when a new map is required, moving it do Discord or plain narration - but from my pretty extensive experience, that just kills the mojo. Just how the game is, I'm afraid.

[+] GM APPROVAL:
You absolutely can get any idea of yours approved, and made into canon - you just need to put in effort. I'm not saying transparency isn't a good thing, but the below speaks for itself. Before becoming an eventmin, these are only some of the things I got approved.

- Got possession of a limb of a Mercalan saint.

- Got approved a spiritual nexus of great power.

- Got approved to have what is likely the largest ritual circle in the world.

- Got approval to use a system that allows people to know where others are in the world, at all times.

- Got approval for a custom magical technique that removes emotions from a target.

- Got approval for a custom magical technique that makes any person to sign a contract willingly obey it completely.

- Got approval for a modified version of a spirit jar.

- Got approval for a custom species of fish that cures knee problems!

- Got approval to run a very overpopulated city.

- Got approval to run a fricking Assassin's Guild.

- Got approval to write out Pale Moon's history, and add him to my Guild as a former member. For those of you that don't know, that is the person who owned the Creed dagger, that you can get in the arena. This, is a canon character.

These are some I can remember off the top of my head. Apart from the last one, these were all approved by MARK, who is regarded as probably the strictest GM. Point being, getting your hands on that sweet, sweet canon is easy, if you're willing to put yourself through the trouble.

[+] VILLAINS:

https://discord.gg/snErpzJ

I will just go ahead an echo what some other people have said. Be the change, you want to see. Above, in my bout of self-promotion, is a link to The Assassin's Guild. The universe was void of anything like it, and since it is something I desired - I went ahead and made it. Nobody can complain in the slightest bit, if they haven't done anything to try and fix the problem themselves. Our game population is far too small, for you to wait for a solution.

I am constantly sliding into people's DMs, especially those of new players, and am always employing aggressive recruitment tactics. As a result - quite on the contrary - I am finding that I don't have enough time to do all the RP I have scheduled, and am constantly lagging behind on what I want to do. Be proactive, or be bored - the amount of fun you're having with the game solely depends on your stance towards seeking the same.
[-] The following 8 users Like Hanzo's post:
  • Cerrik, Hiazro, iStabOreos, Maksimum_Fire, NICC, Putit, The Alpha Bat, Turadis

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinion on the current state of SL2 as a RP game - by Hanzo - 10-06-2020, 05:29 AM