Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.11 Average
Opinion on the current state of SL2 as a RP game
I was told (for some reason) to give my opinion.

As little as I care about the game nowadays, I'll still share my thoughts.

Players have little to no impact, unless you are in a clique. Many people deny this, but it's how it goes. You cannot take a random person who joins the game, RPs good, and tell them to make a difference. It won't happen, unless they beg for favoritism.

That brings me to the next entry.

Favoritism is how the game goes 'round. Depending on your dicksucking skills, you can become a God of everything. For example, how Fern was given a sword with .. what was it again? 9999 power? Sure, they aren't allowed to use it. But they have it, and get to wave it around like a trophy.

For what purpose? Who knows, probably to show everyone that they're 'better', or 'more liked'.

The game's been dying for a very long time, and my personal view on it is because no matter what, it will always stay the same. No matter who dies, the world will not change. It will continue going around, and the guards will still be a shitpost.

This next part is going to be basically a 'Fuck you, Dev' shot, so here we go.

You add these classes, you add these changes, balancing, whatever else. It changes the game, sure. Great. The problem is, you're putting a bandaid on a wound that needs stitches. The wound got infected, here we are. Instead of directly fixing the problem, you just ignored it blatantly or brushed it under the rug. How do I know that? Because if you didn't, it'd be fixed. You're a damn good coder, and hell you're smart. But at the same time, you either don't give a damn, or you're much more daft than I thought.

So I'm leaning towards the former. You don't care.
You're making money off people for a game you threw together. And rather than seeing such game thrive by giving players the ability to influence the world, and sitting back to watch the miracles of what happens when the human minds collaberate?

You're too consumed in keeping this perfect snowglobe you call SL2 intact, as it suffocates and dies. The money will stop flowing.

So in a short tl;dr.

Apemins (admins) together strong.
Dev suck.
Players irrelevent without suck dick of admin/eventmin.
Join clique get relevancy.
Anger wrong person get outcasted for existence.

Ook ook game bad, SL2 sucky sucky dick.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinion on the current state of SL2 as a RP game - by Radioaction - 10-20-2020, 12:41 AM