Poll: Do you think DoTs should be toned down?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Absolutely, they're too strong/toxic
50.00%
5 50.00%
No, they're fine as they are
40.00%
4 40.00%
Neutral/no opinion
10.00%
1 10.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The State of Damage over Time
Personally, I don't think Poison is actually as bad as it's stated here. I'd rather it not be directly nerfed like this, especially by as much as half, even on a longer timer.

I think Poison would be fine as a whole if the options for dealing with it weren't limited to really Glykins, Wyverntouched and Summoners that run Phase Phyton.

And while Snake-Fang Necklace offers a chunky 36% Poison Resistance, it's only for 3 Rounds.

I'd like to see some more permanent options for Poison protection items: Like say buffing Dokuneko Bells to grant Poison Resistance. (e.g UL*2.5%, which would be 30% at max UL) or an upgrade to the Warding Cloth that offers greater Status Resistance and even Damage Resistance vs Status Effects as a whole.

I'd also like to see Poison cures from class skills (i.e. Steel Blood, Cleanse Body) to provide some kind of protection against poison so you aren't easily re-inflicted. (Temporary immunity, boosted Status Resistance or maybe even a small heal equal to how much the Poison would do.)

As for Burn, certainly I think it's fair for it to not strip DEF from APT but it wouldn't help it being not especially useful in PvE.

If you want it to be more generally useful, perhaps changing Burn's secondary effect from removing all modifiers, to instead lower a portion of Physical Defense.

For example, let's say it's a -25% to your total Phys. Def.: So if you have 60% Phys. Def., it shaves 15% off but if you have 10%, it only reduces it by 2.5%, this would solidify it as a good debuff vs tanks but not invalidating extra DEF so much that characters with already low amounts are left especially vulnerable.

(If it's too high, the maximum value could be capped by the Burn's LV. e.g. a Level 20 Burn might only reduce up to 10% Physical Defense.)
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
[-] The following 4 users Like Slydria's post:
  • Autumn, Ham, K Peculier, Snake

Messages In This Thread
The State of Damage over Time - by GSM - 03-17-2021, 12:53 AM
RE: The State of Damage over Time - by Snake - 03-17-2021, 01:11 AM
RE: The State of Damage over Time - by Slydria - 03-17-2021, 02:29 AM
RE: The State of Damage over Time - by Snake - 03-17-2021, 04:11 AM
RE: The State of Damage over Time - by Autumn - 03-17-2021, 04:29 AM