Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.17 Average
The Flaws and Benefits of Version 2.49
(09-01-2021, 03:37 PM)Miller Wrote:
(09-01-2021, 10:05 AM)Lolzytripd Wrote: I like the current system when it isn't being  min maxed and we end up in rocket tag or in the 'end zones' of hit vs evade (less than 25% or 80-100% hit against max evade builds).

As much as I would love to keep a glancing blows system with full evade on the table for a double miss I feel the herd of gazelles that is the playerbase are too afraid of either being unable to hit all the time that they build hit like lunatics or actively avoid needing hit like maniacs.

Since you're so inclined to call the player base a herd of gazelles instead of trying to prove a point.

[Image: unknown.png]

I'd like you take a look at this basic probability chart, this system requires you to have at least 85% Hit to ignore glancing reliably. Glancing Blows / Double Rolling in this manner is not acceptable by any means while Glancing Blows ignores a fair majority of inflicts and on hits/on crits.

This system requires you to minmax hit or you're losing a majority of your inflicts and/or damage.
I know how glancing blows works miller,  now here's the thing, Glancing blows, does the same exact thing you describe on the opposite side of the hit% you need a 15% hit chance to wall out being able to glance effectively.

I see glancing as more of a crutch of  'some' damage on a miss than a dr on what should have been a hit. I still think that to a degree it needs be changed though as you've brought up, I personally would only make a hit glance if the first hit is a miss.  I would make the outcome of A:Y B:N and A:Y B:Y full hits.

I still don't think that would solve the major issue, and that isn't building tons of evade or hit, its the easy way to counteract it through buffing and debuffing. With invisible weapon and brighten I can shave 55 of an enemies evade. With shine ray and smoke screen you can even more severely cut the enemies hit, I've had surprising success with builds with below 50 scaled skill and cel or tossing away accuracy parts for damage/crit parts using this mindset to attack evade and hit.
[-] The following 2 users Like Lolzytripd's post:
  • Autumn, Miller

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Flaws and Benefits of Version 2.49 - by Lolzytripd - 09-01-2021, 05:08 PM