Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Boxer Woes
As I've said before in other Boxer related threads, Boxer having counterplay isn't an issue. Boxer is a contract. You get the benefits of Geists and Schwarz Sturm at the cost of limiting your movement options and needing to build Schwarz up.

This means subjecting yourself to status effects that have detrimental effects on skills, or someone being out of your range. You should know what you signed up for, and you should accept that Clumsy and Immobilize will cripple you (or at least the Boxer part of you).

There are ways around this and this is where it becomes resource management. Moving, Orkam, non-Boxer skills, as you mentioned. Change this, and getting 8 Schwarz Grandupper-ed from 15 tiles away in any direction for only 4 momentum is a possibility.

This being said. I agree that Geists should probably check the source of the next instance of damage, rather than if they were targeted by a skill or basic attack or not - this'd make it apply rightly to everything once outliers like status damage and such are worked around. In simpler terms, make Geists, mechanically, in the code, function like a 100% chance-of-activation 100% DR Parry that refunds the momentum cost of the Geist on trigger and move you closer to the opponent who attacked you. The code for these things individual things already exists, I'm pretty sure.
number 1 GTer EU
[-] The following 2 users Like JamOfBoy's post:
  • FatherCrixius, Snake

Messages In This Thread
Boxer Woes - by RedtailPinny - 09-09-2021, 10:55 PM
RE: Boxer Woes - by JamOfBoy - 09-10-2021, 02:48 AM
RE: Boxer Woes - by Mr.SmileGod - 09-10-2021, 01:44 PM
RE: Boxer Woes - by Kazzy - 09-11-2021, 12:53 AM