Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summoner Tweaks
The thing about Summoners is that versatility is their strong suit; as long as they have the slots, they can touch any number of bases with the diverse types of Youkai available. Does that mean they're literally a master of all trades? No. On its own, the Summoner class is a foundation to build the Youkai on, and without Youkai, it is completely useless; hell, even the Grand Summoner has only one meager fall-out plan if their Youkai fail them.

This also leads into my point on why I feel like trying to cut up Sync-Mind is a bad idea; compared to Class Skills, Sync-Mind skills are weak. The main incentive is the Actives, and even if their scaling promises good damage, they will still have a hefty FP cost associated with them if you want to maximize their potential. Don't even bother with Passives; Class Skills will top any single one of them on any day of the week. (Hell, even a good amount of equipment trumps their effects) Sure, you might get something good if you had specific combinations, but that's just it; a Sync-Mind Passive is there to give a small bump to something else.

Furthermore, the Summoner already can't get every fundamental with how many SPs they get. If you want to get all seven affinities maxed out? Get an extra SP in Summoner, and don't bother with anything but The Contract and the Affinities. You want Sync-Mind/Install/Cracked Mirror? You have only 4-5 Affinities to choose from. Considering how Youkai Growths are written up right now, I have no issue with that many Affinities being accessible. It would be far worse if the Summoner was forced to lose even more SP due to one aspect being split up and requiring maxed-out Affinities to begin with.

That's the kind of specialization that belongs in a Promotion Class, not a Base Class.

I agree with some of the Youkai Skills becoming Spells, though.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye

Messages In This Thread