Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summoner Tweaks
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=4420#p4420 Wrote:Ryu-Kazuki » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:45 pm[/url]"]
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=4419#p4419 Wrote:Trexmaster » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:43 pm[/url]"]
Okay. You can pick which youkai to specialize in, thus the versatility would remain, it'd simply be more restricted in that you wouldn't have immediate access to every active and passive for yourself. Summoner as it stands isn't specialized at all.

Here's one little thing I want to rebuttal that with. What about Summoners who specialize in an element, especially if they're an Evoker/Summoner or LB/Summoner, rather than a specific type of youkai? Splitting Synch Mind up would force them to spend more SP than they have to get all the youkai of a specific element focus rather than what youkai type they are.

The current system also offers the ability to claim you specialize and excel in everything. As for summoners specializing in elements, their emphasis are the youkai, you're bringing up an RP aspect that'd fall more so under an actual magician. And that's one objective-- to enforce affinity paths according to youkai type, not elements. That's not what the class is intended for at least (according to the skills). If it came down to me wanting to play a fire summoner, I'd have 3-4 sync-minds to 'specialize' in. Again, that's more than enough. If there's hypothetically so many fire youkai among more than 6 affinities, I can still use them for summoning. Not every youkai I have has to reinforce my stature.

-- Also. If you're concerned about elemental specialization. A hypothetical suggestion would include the 'elemental affinity', but after seeing Drowned Woman distinguished as a 'Night', there's no indication he's intending for elemental specialization.

Messages In This Thread