Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summoner Tweaks
Quote:I don't see how a Summoner desiring to contract with only youkai of a certain elemental affinity is something only a Mage would do.
You didn't read the sentence properly if that's all you got from it. I'm speaking in the context of what Dev intends for the affinities. You're free to suggest elemental affinities though.
Quote:Summoners can pick and choose what youkai they'd like for whatever reason they'd like, including any combat tactics they'd like, including Evocations.
Indeed. Except they shouldn't be able to potentially specialize in everything. This is aimed for balance, not satisfying the need for mastering everything you touch.
Quote:I see no reason to actually separate Synch-Mind other than people complaining they have access to too much when half of those skills they might not even use for reasons like what I stated.
That's an issue regarding the roleplayer, not the suggestion itself. You'll always have to make-do with whatever limitations Dev inflicts on your class.
Quote:As for claiming you excel in everything? That's hardly the case. All you really get is what abilities your youkai specialize in, and that can be a very scattered and broad spectrum.
This wouldn't have been mentioned if you haven't kept bringing up the RP perspective of it all. If you see obtaining 3 abilities per youkai slot with no limitation 'all you really get', then again, there's no point with the back and forth. Your opinion is still set in stone.
Quote:In fact, it has nothing to do with any other class mechanics than the fact it provides elemental support, other than that, you don't special in anything besides bonding with you youkai, which is the point of the Summoner class.
You're forgetting the stat boosts, multitude of status effects, and buffs among other things that has something to offer for other class mechanics.

Messages In This Thread