Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hmm...I think...we need a new verb?
I think I could get behind a thought verb that can be blocked optionally, but if only because then there's a balance between THONKERS and people who don't care... but it also promotes "wallflower" mentality, which is one of the worst things in SL2's culture. (If... calling it "culture" is correct, anyways.)
People that post just... a character's thoughts in an emote already kinda bug me - personally, I know others aren't always the same of course - just because it's more or less just empty space unless you're acting on it; posting just to be posting, which can clutter the chat, especially if something important's going on.

To be honest though, I think Jeff's more on the right pace - better to just learn more of RPing your characters facial expressions, body language, etc., and if you really wanna express your thoughts just use that to get someone's attention to say those thoughts! It makes more conductive RP that way than sitting and RPing what you think without doing anything, and then you're actually adding something to the conversation. Plus, that gets rid of wallflower mentality - even if it's just something small, hey! You're edging your way into RP, that's great!
[Image: 5HkCz2Q.png]
[Image: s0bdkqm.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shadbase's post:
  • Jeff

Messages In This Thread
Hmm...I think...we need a new verb? - by Moku203 - 09-29-2021, 04:36 AM
RE: Hmm...I think...we need a new verb? - by Jeff - 09-29-2021, 02:53 PM
RE: Hmm...I think...we need a new verb? - by Shadbase - 09-29-2021, 09:46 PM