Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Korvara Playerbase Division Concern
An app process for characters to undergo a one way trip early off that involves a character inventory and level wipe would be pretty poggers, but it really does depend on how the lore goes. I can definitely see why Shujin's character would want to bug out as far and wide as possible in search of new opportunities, and some inkling of a world beyond their shores might not be a huge problem for the new Korvarans. As long as there's some impetus for those transplanted characters to not just go writing newspapers or implanting too much lore from the old world into the new, it could potentially not be wholly disruptive to any of the new environment.

As for mechanical progression and balance... That's a mixed thing. New players take much longer. I remember my first character took a couple weeks before I got to sixty because I was experimenting and trying to figure out how this game goes. The problem with this game is also one of its biggest strengths; It rewards knowledge and mastery a bit too much. Knowing how to level, what items to get, and where to get those items can cut down leveling from a weeklong chore into 'get red letter offhand, meme fire dungeons with AoE build' or any of the other number of quick 1-60 grindsets we know and love. It's hard to create something as diverse in options as this game without giving ample opportunities to find some niche to carve. I figure Korvara will probably have that same problem, but it won't be until week 2 or 3 that people realize where they need to capitalize on to get the most out of their time. I'd honestly rather there was less information about Korvara's particular additions and more information about how they're going to handle conflict resolution in a storytelling sense (since it's been hinted that PVP isn't the solution, I'm unsure if something's already in the works or they want suggestions. If it's the latter, I'd rather we got a discussion that before anything else.

TL;DR: Character transfers are yes, but only characters. Not their banks and items, etc, and with some stipulations similar to elves with Mersala that they shouldn't go blabbing about the Great Six.

TL;DR2: Want less talk about balance and PVP and more talk about how the new RP systems and expectations will work. If they're still in the works, we should open a thread about that.
[-] The following 7 users Like FaeLenx's post:
  • FaeLenx, HaTeD, Mewni, Miller, Shadbase, Shujin, Trexmaster

Messages In This Thread
Korvara Playerbase Division Concern - by Poruku - 02-03-2022, 08:58 PM
RE: Korvara Playerbase Division Concern - by FaeLenx - 02-06-2022, 06:45 PM