Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Archer / MG Shuffle
This is not a balance post, just to stress - what I'm asking for here is not out of desire to add or detract from these classes when it comes to their power within the game - I just think that overall, Archer is pretty empty and MG is stuffed full of points. So, with that in mind, why don't we take some of these things on MG, and put them into the base class instead? Frees up skill points in MG, and allows gunners to actually make use of their full SP in archer, too. Heck, it would also give reason for people to take certain skills they wouldn't normally, in some cases - while others are just because the ties specifically to the MAGIC part of the class aren't particularly strong.

So, here are my suggestions for stuff to move from MG to Archer:

=- One-Hit Wonder and Akimbo -=
For these two I justify it with the fact that archer already has boosts being offered for bows only, so room to allot points here instead rounds out the class, without taking anything from the identity of MG as a whole. Akimbo is about in line with an MC ability in base rogue, so I wouldn't call it out of place as a base either, and one-hit-wonder is just power steroids for shotguns.

=- Parting Shot and Covering Fire -=
Not sure I know anyone who uses these, and for good reason. Who's taking them over padding out their shells, and stuff like charged shot and overshot, which are more key to the class as a whole? These are arguably base-class level gun skills slapped in the only gun-focused class there is, so I'd say they wouldn't have problems in archer. If you have spare points left in that class, you might actually consider taking these just because you can, and there might be some people who actually have them as a result.

Hopefully people feel the same way about this idea, honestly. I feel like to me it just makes sense, in lieu of trying to create whole new base class gun things to balance around.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
[-] The following 1 user Likes WaifuApple's post:
  • Pyro

Messages In This Thread
The Archer / MG Shuffle - by WaifuApple - 02-23-2022, 02:32 AM
RE: The Archer / MG Shuffle - by FaeLenx - 02-23-2022, 03:38 AM
RE: The Archer / MG Shuffle - by Autumn - 02-23-2022, 05:56 AM
RE: The Archer / MG Shuffle - by Lolzytripd - 02-23-2022, 10:07 PM
RE: The Archer / MG Shuffle - by FaeLenx - 02-23-2022, 11:00 PM
RE: The Archer / MG Shuffle - by WaifuApple - 02-24-2022, 01:51 AM
RE: The Archer / MG Shuffle - by FaeLenx - 02-24-2022, 06:22 AM