Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Twin-fire Bow Shooting
Something that keeps sticking out to me in GR2 that isn't really related to balance is the fact that Twin Dance was changed to work with all range weapons besides bows. Guns (and to a lesser degree Tomes) being Twin Dancable have opened up the weapon type to a lot more interesting setups that wasn't possible before, adding a bit more variety to the usual fleur spam that such basic attackers often fell into. Basically, I want bows to get the chance to feel the same love. Now yes, while I understand using two bows at the same time isn't too logical, mechanics needn't always represent the ic. In fact, this is already done anyways since a Ranger has to use two bows to get a third action via crits unless they play ghost or another duelist for fleur (which 90% do for that reason).

For this, I point toward a particular Ranger skill, namely Twin-shot. While using two bows at once is impossible, firing multiple arrows at once with one isn't, a fact that has precedence mechanically with this skill. Combined with how people rp 2x bow setups anyway as a single weapon, I see no real reason for bows to be the black sheep of the weapons in being the only non-twin dancable type.

As far as balance is concerned, I don't really see much that would turn the game on its head. Guns and daggers twin dance at range perfectly fine without being unbalanced, and those weapons are more explosive in damage output due to being much less stat intensive. Most of bow's power currently lies in range, and good skills, that latter of which aren't usable with twin-dance anyways. The only real change is opening up more opportunities for people to run bows in creative ways rather than defaulting to duelist out of necessity.

TLDR: Bows should be able to twin-dance, and it would be a cool expansion of the potential the weapons have both mechanically, and in rp flavor.
[Image: Rabbit.PNG]
[-] The following 3 users Like InsainArcaneBirdbrain's post:
  • HaTeD, JamOfBoy, Pyro

Messages In This Thread
Twin-fire Bow Shooting - by InsainArcaneBirdbrain - 03-29-2022, 02:30 PM
RE: Twin-fire Bow Shooting - by Snake - 03-29-2022, 02:43 PM
RE: Twin-fire Bow Shooting - by HaTeD - 03-29-2022, 03:13 PM
RE: Twin-fire Bow Shooting - by Kazzy - 03-30-2022, 08:11 AM
RE: Twin-fire Bow Shooting - by adamkad1 - 03-30-2022, 02:20 PM
RE: Twin-fire Bow Shooting - by Kazzy - 04-01-2022, 12:35 PM
RE: Twin-fire Bow Shooting - by Poruku - 04-01-2022, 05:08 PM