Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smart Casting ideas (Tactician Trickery effects for Spells)
Eeeeh, I'm not very keen on the idea of adding things to make Tact even more powerful than it is. If more trickery effects were to be added, they'd have to be a lot less impactful lest the skills get out of hand. That being said, I'll still give my thoughts anyway on each idea since I do really enjoy the Trickery mechanic as a whole.

Fire Whip:
Tact already builds rank easily enough as is, best avoid things that make it easier. Hellfire damage alone could be alright-ish, but I think having something along the lines of a volcanic-like AoE on impact in a small circle of the original target (Bonus damage as to not gain/lose momentum unintentionally).

Frigid Formation:
This one's actually alright I think, if only because the skill is so difficult to make use of in practice (Being easily the worst spell Tact has).

Titan Gale:
I'd have to give this one a hard "no". Tact already has 2-3 means of KD between soldier and itself, and a consistent ranged KD would be obnoxious as hell on an already very potent skill. Perhaps a +1 to duration or the ability to pierce would be better suited for its more support-oriented nature.

White Prison:
This kind of effect looks a tad abusable given the spammable nature of the skill, and I already gave my opinion on rank increases as trickery effects. No real ideas what could work for this skill though.

Pinpoint Electro:
With lightning being otherwise not being very relevant to build on a Tact anymore due to the removal of luck hit/eva? This one's actually one I can get behind.

Splash:
Also seems like a fine bonus effect to me that isn't especially overbearing.

Acid Rain:
Remember that this skill scales from acid atk, so its trickery effect will almost always be used on folk aiming for damage. 1/2 of scaled GUI might be a bit much considering that, I'd probably say 1/4 is more fair while still being helpful.

Dark Eye:
Absolutely not. This makes achieving rank SSS by turn 3 even easier and more consistent than it already is. I'd say +1 Base move or maybe 1/2 of scaled GUI as extra max HP. Given how key this skill is to Tact's kit, any "buffs" to it have to be very light.

Sacred Prism:
Adaptive Barrier minus the rank increase sounds fine to me, though the effect would likely need a CD to remain balanced.

Domino Resonate:
Kunai, go home, you're drunk. In all seriousness, I think a less overbearing effect would be to allow trickery to make the skill bypass KB immunity similar to Heavy Tackle. That makes it so Elytra/Wings of Fire/Golden Beetles can be finally thrown into allies. Given that Domino in the SP update lost max KB range, I don't think it'll be that bad to deal with for those worried about the possible kite.
[Image: Rabbit.PNG]
[-] The following 1 user Likes InsainArcaneBirdbrain's post:
  • Snake

Messages In This Thread
RE: Smart Casting ideas (Tactician Trickery effects for Spells) - by InsainArcaneBirdbrain - 08-05-2022, 10:05 PM