Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smart Casting ideas (Tactician Trickery effects for Spells)
Alright alright, someone had to do it and I'll do it. Incoming, boyos.

Trickery Spell Effects can only happen if you have Tactician as your main class, for it requires On My Mark.

Quote:Fire Whip

Trickery: Damage becomes Hellfire instead, and your Tactics Rank is increased by 1.

Quote:Frigid Formation

Trickery: Inflicts Frozen LV(Scaled GUI * 2) for 3 rounds while knocking enemies away from the formation tile, and your Tactics Rank is increased by 1.

Quote:Titan Gale

Trickery: Inflicts Knockdown.

Quote:White Prison

Trickery: The wall becomes empowered, granting protection to adjacent allies from enemy ranged attacks (nullifies damage, but reduces wall's health) and enemy projectiles are destroyed on contact. When an empowered wall is broken, your Tactics Rank is increased by 1.

Quote:Pinpoint Electro

Trickery: Increases the duration of Analyze Weakness/Enemy Evaluation by 1 round.

Quote:Splash

Trickery: Reduces the duration of a random, non-permanent buff by 1 round.

Quote:Acid Rain

Trickery: Inflicts Wear Out LV(Scaled GUI/2) for 2 rounds.

Quote:Dark Eye

Trickery: The Dark Eyes spawn with 7M.

Quote:Sacred Prism

Trickery: Grants Adaptive Barrier LV(Scaled GUI) to allies until your next round. If the barrier is broken, your Tactics Rank increases by 1.

Quote:Domino Resonate

Trickery: On damage, all enemies in 2 (+1 per 15 Scaled GUI) range are also affected by this skill. For each enemy hit, your Tactics Rank is increased by 1.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Yes indeed.
[Image: kTbQzUT.png]
Eeeeh, I'm not very keen on the idea of adding things to make Tact even more powerful than it is. If more trickery effects were to be added, they'd have to be a lot less impactful lest the skills get out of hand. That being said, I'll still give my thoughts anyway on each idea since I do really enjoy the Trickery mechanic as a whole.

Fire Whip:
Tact already builds rank easily enough as is, best avoid things that make it easier. Hellfire damage alone could be alright-ish, but I think having something along the lines of a volcanic-like AoE on impact in a small circle of the original target (Bonus damage as to not gain/lose momentum unintentionally).

Frigid Formation:
This one's actually alright I think, if only because the skill is so difficult to make use of in practice (Being easily the worst spell Tact has).

Titan Gale:
I'd have to give this one a hard "no". Tact already has 2-3 means of KD between soldier and itself, and a consistent ranged KD would be obnoxious as hell on an already very potent skill. Perhaps a +1 to duration or the ability to pierce would be better suited for its more support-oriented nature.

White Prison:
This kind of effect looks a tad abusable given the spammable nature of the skill, and I already gave my opinion on rank increases as trickery effects. No real ideas what could work for this skill though.

Pinpoint Electro:
With lightning being otherwise not being very relevant to build on a Tact anymore due to the removal of luck hit/eva? This one's actually one I can get behind.

Splash:
Also seems like a fine bonus effect to me that isn't especially overbearing.

Acid Rain:
Remember that this skill scales from acid atk, so its trickery effect will almost always be used on folk aiming for damage. 1/2 of scaled GUI might be a bit much considering that, I'd probably say 1/4 is more fair while still being helpful.

Dark Eye:
Absolutely not. This makes achieving rank SSS by turn 3 even easier and more consistent than it already is. I'd say +1 Base move or maybe 1/2 of scaled GUI as extra max HP. Given how key this skill is to Tact's kit, any "buffs" to it have to be very light.

Sacred Prism:
Adaptive Barrier minus the rank increase sounds fine to me, though the effect would likely need a CD to remain balanced.

Domino Resonate:
Kunai, go home, you're drunk. In all seriousness, I think a less overbearing effect would be to allow trickery to make the skill bypass KB immunity similar to Heavy Tackle. That makes it so Elytra/Wings of Fire/Golden Beetles can be finally thrown into allies. Given that Domino in the SP update lost max KB range, I don't think it'll be that bad to deal with for those worried about the possible kite.
[Image: Rabbit.PNG]
[-] The following 1 user Likes InsainArcaneBirdbrain's post:
  • Snake
True that, true that... Then how about:

Fire Whip
- The splash damage would be nice too. Hellfire would sadly block the Tactics Rank increase, but honestly I'd want at least one Spell that can do that role, so it's not all about letting your googly eyes run around like decapitated chickens... I never found that very elegant, but it is how it is.

Frigid Formation
- Yeh.

Titan Gale
- Trickery: Any damage from this skill that would defeat an enemy will instead leave them at 1 HP, while inflicting Immobilize until your next round. (So this way the Titan Gale can be obtained even by using on weakened foes)

White Prison
- Trickery: Attacking an enemy directly with this skill will surround them with additional walls, effectively boxing them inside, while inflicting Clumsy until your next round.

Acid Rain & Dark Eye
- Yeh.

Sacred Prism
- Yeh, and cooldown won't be all that needed since this is a Trickery effect, there may be a chance the skill won't do the thing you want if you don't have enough GUI. But a one round cooldown would be cool beans for the skill itself, since it's way too spammable as is now.

Domino Resonate
- I'M DRUNK, YE DON'T HAVE AN EXCOOSE! Weeeh, I just wanted cool Domino's, but you're offering Subway. I'm fine with that, it's more on the level of what a Trickery effect does anyway.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]