Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quickdraw Rework
I like the weapon swap idea for a passive, but I dunno how much use it'd actually serve besides being cool as heck.

Quickdraw's identity in older times was blitzkrieg combat. Go fast, shoot fast, chunk fast. But that was in a game state where initiative was a much bigger deal- as evidenced by the prevalence of high initiative Lantern Bearers, and the application of certain fight-shifting status effects.

I'd like to see a general rework to Quickdraw that looks for a new identity that suits the current meta, instead of a reinstatement of what it used to be.

My proposed idea is to combine the proposed refunded-momentum weapon-swap mechanic for QD with a passive that gives UL-related benefits for 2 to 3 rounds at the start of battle, and when it's drawn as a belt item.

If we wanted to learn particularly on the swap mechanic, it could even project a short-range debuff when you draw it from the item belt. I'm not really sure what the bonus should be, but here's a couple of ideas;

>Grant the Quickdraw user +UL Crit for (2 or 3) rounds.
>Grant the Quickdraw user a unique buff "Blinding Speed"; Landing a basic attack with the Quickdraw while affected by this buff upgrades it to "Blinding Speed+", granting +UL SWA for the next 3m attack skill used, as well as refunding 2m. The buff then reverts to "Blinding Speed" with 2 duration.(This is a complex effect, and so isn't my first recommendation, but it seems fun.)
>Debuff the piercing resistance of foes within 5 range by 1/2 UL% for 2 rounds.
>Grant the Quickdraw user a unique buff "Quick Stow" for 2 turns. While under this status, after switching weapons, if Quickdraw is no longer equipped, end this status, heal UL*2 HP and UL FP, and refunds 3 momentum.
>Chance to inflict Hesitation LV UL on enemies within 3 range for 2 rounds.
>Empower "Battle Rush" status by UL/2 and extend "Battle Rush" status duration by UL/10, rounded down.

Those are just some ideas. I liked Quickdraw for what it was in the frame that it was in, and I think in the modern frame it's better suited to finding a slightly different identity.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Maksimum_Fire's post:
  • Miller

Messages In This Thread
Quickdraw Rework - by Snake - 11-13-2022, 06:49 PM
RE: Quickdraw Rework - by Autumn - 11-13-2022, 07:03 PM
RE: Quickdraw Rework - by Snake - 11-13-2022, 11:33 PM
RE: Quickdraw Rework - by firehawk11 - 12-02-2022, 02:45 PM
RE: Quickdraw Rework - by Autumn - 12-02-2022, 08:02 PM
RE: Quickdraw Rework - by Snake - 12-02-2022, 11:29 PM
RE: Quickdraw Rework - by Maksimum_Fire - 12-03-2022, 12:23 AM
RE: Quickdraw Rework - by Raigen.Convict - 12-24-2022, 10:12 AM
RE: Quickdraw Rework - by Poruku - 12-24-2022, 10:51 PM