Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quickdraw Rework
The passive tends to be ruined by how turn order behaves right now, especially if you hit Skip. The weapon is not living up to its theme anymore of "be a faster shot than them", so.

Could it be changed to something simpler, like:

- If your total Celerity is equal or higher than your enemy's total Celerity, it will increase the amount of rounds fired by UL/4 (min. 1, rounds down).
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • DerpyMcPandos
Ehh, now that Rounds hardly matter to your DPS output, I think Quickdraw's appeal as a weapon can be baked into it naturally, such as giving UL/4 extra rounds. As an added bonus to really sell on "Quickdraw" maybe swapping to it will refund 3m similar to how shurikens function with "Ninja Training"
[-] The following 5 users Like Autumn's post:
  • InsainArcaneBirdbrain, Latto, Poruku, Shujin, Snake
Hah, I get it. "Quick to draw". That could replace the other passive which makes your CEL higher than the enemy's for turn order reasons.
Rounds no longer mattering is an issue but hey! Enjoy.
(12-02-2022, 02:45 PM)firehawk11 Wrote: Rounds no longer mattering is an issue but hey! Enjoy.

This is misleading as no matter what, extra rounds is only a benefit if you're fishing for extra chances to crit or even hit. Which can be important for gaining momentum or on-hit effects such as shell effects. There are downsides to this as well but currently the positives outweigh the negatives, and rounds contributing to extra damage was unfair in many, many ways.
I'd rather it stays not mattering for damage, because I can ask for more rounds for rule-of-cool reasons.

Like a certain minigun, somewhere... ;-;
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Poruku
I like the weapon swap idea for a passive, but I dunno how much use it'd actually serve besides being cool as heck.

Quickdraw's identity in older times was blitzkrieg combat. Go fast, shoot fast, chunk fast. But that was in a game state where initiative was a much bigger deal- as evidenced by the prevalence of high initiative Lantern Bearers, and the application of certain fight-shifting status effects.

I'd like to see a general rework to Quickdraw that looks for a new identity that suits the current meta, instead of a reinstatement of what it used to be.

My proposed idea is to combine the proposed refunded-momentum weapon-swap mechanic for QD with a passive that gives UL-related benefits for 2 to 3 rounds at the start of battle, and when it's drawn as a belt item.

If we wanted to learn particularly on the swap mechanic, it could even project a short-range debuff when you draw it from the item belt. I'm not really sure what the bonus should be, but here's a couple of ideas;

>Grant the Quickdraw user +UL Crit for (2 or 3) rounds.
>Grant the Quickdraw user a unique buff "Blinding Speed"; Landing a basic attack with the Quickdraw while affected by this buff upgrades it to "Blinding Speed+", granting +UL SWA for the next 3m attack skill used, as well as refunding 2m. The buff then reverts to "Blinding Speed" with 2 duration.(This is a complex effect, and so isn't my first recommendation, but it seems fun.)
>Debuff the piercing resistance of foes within 5 range by 1/2 UL% for 2 rounds.
>Grant the Quickdraw user a unique buff "Quick Stow" for 2 turns. While under this status, after switching weapons, if Quickdraw is no longer equipped, end this status, heal UL*2 HP and UL FP, and refunds 3 momentum.
>Chance to inflict Hesitation LV UL on enemies within 3 range for 2 rounds.
>Empower "Battle Rush" status by UL/2 and extend "Battle Rush" status duration by UL/10, rounded down.

Those are just some ideas. I liked Quickdraw for what it was in the frame that it was in, and I think in the modern frame it's better suited to finding a slightly different identity.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Maksimum_Fire's post:
  • Miller
On battle start: Grants the user 'Battle Rush' Lv X (X = UL/2).
and then we keep the extra rounds feature just cause it's cool. Sound good?
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Rounds matter for crit and hit consistency, it makes guns very reliable weapons even though it's hard to calculate the impact of it.

But on quickdraw it's just not the powerhouse it used to be, so I agree it just needs an extra buff. I love the idea of making it nice with belt swapping
just please no battle rush status, I hate that one.
It fucks you over more than it helps 90% of the time. And given how new gun calculations works its barely any benefit either maybe like..5-8ish damage pre crit, its alright buuuut...Also kinda boring.

imagine as a MG suddenly paying 15+ FP for swapping a bullet type.