Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reject Corruption, Embrace Purity
Yeah, they're too strong individually was what I meant, don't worry.
Balancing is up to Dev in the end but I'll go over what I'm seeing and why I think they're all too strong anyway.

- Make SAN stronger per point/per threshold (more hp, more fp, more status res, more ele res, etc)
Now, I ain't no theory crafter or some PvP min-maxer but this sounds like trouble to me. Even if it's only the +1 HP you mentioned that's still an additional +40 HP at 40 SAN, a rather large amount for a stat you're building anyway.

- Every 10 point of SAN gives you more mental clarity, increasing skill pool size by 1
At 30 SAN, you have more skill slots than humans get as their racial. Even if skill slots aren't as important as they were a few updates ago, this one just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
It also implies that as long as a corrupted is trying to be human, they can be better at being a human than a human.

- Your body has become extremely difficult to corrupt. +30% status resistance and +15% darkness resistance
+30% status resist on a stat that already gives you status resist. That's a lot of status resist.  A bonus so large it would make corrupted the de facto "play to give hexers a run for their money" race.
And on top is the +15% elemental resist, a trait usually balanced out by having an equal and opposite penalty that's absent here.

- All of your racial passives are treated as max SAN is applied to them, but you gain one debuff immunity each battle
This one might be okay even without the "penalty", which ties back to the fact that...
The corrupted will still have their racials with this trait and several of their racial passives aren't negatively impacted by SAN. So no matter which of these would go on the trait, they would go on top of the racials they're keeping at full effectiveness.

- Even stronger race-specific buff?
pain peko

... And obviously the last one is okay and also wanted.

Messages In This Thread
Reject Corruption, Embrace Purity - by Poruku - 01-15-2023, 03:08 AM
RE: Reject Corruption, Embrace Purity - by Poruku - 01-15-2023, 08:11 PM
RE: Reject Corruption, Embrace Purity - by The Alpha Bat - 01-15-2023, 09:37 PM