Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Dodgers] Cel Cel Cel, What do we have here?
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=491#p491 Wrote:Ranylyn » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:43 am[/url]"]
Quote:
Because if it applied Res before the charge, it'd actually be doing less damage.

Evoker on its own is fine, but combining it with Lantern Bearer gets rid of their biggest weakness for free.
Which is an issue with Lantern Bearer, not Evoker.

Also spoiler tagging for off topic:

My issue is that the projected "2.5x damage" is clearly intended to be a "charge up at a distance before they close in, while 3 successive spells is still a better option" thing. What I mean is, CM is a full turn right there, with the first cast of the next turn doing 2.5x, as opposed to using the same spell 3 times for 3x damage. Logical sense so far, right?

Against high Res, is, it's possible to do FAR more than 2.5x damage due to how res is applied! For example, if your spell did a base of 100 damage, and you had 50 res, you're looking at a normal cast of 50, versus a Mind Charge of 200 (100 x 2.5 = 250, -50 res) instead of a Mind Charge of 125 (100 - 50 res x 2.5.) 200 is literally 4x the uncharged damage, a full 1.5x better than it's "supposed" to be."

In this scenario, MC changes from "it's that good first hit" to "It's the "everything" button. And that's just off. Doubly so when you factor in that Magaisendo ALSO only bases it's range reduction off the base damage! So again, a base of 100 damage means that things nearby take maybe 220 (asuming 30-ish res) while you still do something like 140 at maximum penalty distance, since the multiplier is applied before the reduction, but the reduction is still based on the original amount. And don't get me wrong. I love this on my evoker. But it IS admittedly stupid.

Except they're a nuke mage, CM is literally their identity. It's not supposed to be "this is only good for the first hit". It's fully intended to function like that, not "spam spells over and over again" like you think they should be doing.
So no, I'd say it's not stupid.

Messages In This Thread