Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Between battles
--- Except all it takes is one frayed Voidgate for a high +WIL character to get anywhere up to 30-40 voidveil radiation from a single blast. Add in the second blast at the start of the next turn and a VA is already fully juiced and ready to sluice their dark bolts all over your face or buff themselves into being untouchable barring autohits or crappy base CEL.

The main benefits that a Monk gets would be their Golden Glow (which will be made moot the minute you use any of your ''offensive'' Monk skills) and Body of Iesip (which can only withstand three or so attacks depending on the amount of Ki you invest). Compound that by Monks only regenerating +6 Ki a turn if they make it their main class, add on that Aid costs mana and half your turn for a bit of extra Ki, or Powerup (which requires your entire turn for only roughly half or so of your 30 Ki) and no... no... Monks cannot gather their Ki faster than a VA can charge their voidveil.

I don't see the problem here with throwing Monks a bone, or at least some mechanics regarding their skills twinked around.
"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd."

Messages In This Thread