Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Between battles
So, I was on my VA/Kensei and decided to change it to Monk/VA for some ungodly reason. I noticed that Ki doesn't transfer from battle to battle, unlike Voidveil which does. I'd like to simply suggest that it copied that, to make the use of Ki easier for Monks.
That's intended, Monks get a lot of buffs when they have high ki, VAs just use voidveil as a resource and charging it is a bit more difficult for them.
Monks can have full Ki much faster than VAs get full voidveil, and can get passive benefits (+30 crit with fists and 10% resist to all damage types) when it's maxed. While it's a pain to recharge it every fight, simply keeping those effects at all times would be OP.
*loud burp*
--- Except all it takes is one frayed Voidgate for a high +WIL character to get anywhere up to 30-40 voidveil radiation from a single blast. Add in the second blast at the start of the next turn and a VA is already fully juiced and ready to sluice their dark bolts all over your face or buff themselves into being untouchable barring autohits or crappy base CEL.

The main benefits that a Monk gets would be their Golden Glow (which will be made moot the minute you use any of your ''offensive'' Monk skills) and Body of Iesip (which can only withstand three or so attacks depending on the amount of Ki you invest). Compound that by Monks only regenerating +6 Ki a turn if they make it their main class, add on that Aid costs mana and half your turn for a bit of extra Ki, or Powerup (which requires your entire turn for only roughly half or so of your 30 Ki) and no... no... Monks cannot gather their Ki faster than a VA can charge their voidveil.

I don't see the problem here with throwing Monks a bone, or at least some mechanics regarding their skills twinked around.
"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd."
This sounds like a call for frayed Voidgates to be nerfed, if anything.
No thanks. They already take a whole turn to set up, and their damage is
completely avoidable. Though it is fun to just set up a bunch of the things
in a horizontal line down the center of the map :p
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=516#p516 Wrote:MegaBlues » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:33 pm[/url]"]This sounds like a call for frayed Voidgates to be nerfed, if anything.

But they have a handful of skills that will use ALL of their voidveil no matter what, and there are a handful of moves spread around the various classes that can help you move a VA away from their voidgate, whereas a Monk can generate their Ki regardless of battle placement, and only high +WIL VAs can achieve that kind of voidveil generation.
"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd."
It's because ONLY a high will VA can do it that fast
And like I said, monks get buffs with high ki. They also have power up.
VAs only use it as a resource for a few skills. A mage VA is just going to dump it all on blackbolt and melee VA who has a harder time collecting it will either use it on dark shield or veil off. They still get their magic reduction, extra crit, and crit damage regardless of what their voidveil is at.
in pvp voidgates are not a reliable method of getting void energy, I remember a monk heaven kicking and dragon galing me out of the way of my voidgates repetitively
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=487#p487 Wrote:Ranylyn » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:13 pm[/url]"]Monks can have full Ki much faster than VAs get full voidveil, and can get passive benefits (+30 crit with fists and 10% resist to all damage types) when it's maxed. While it's a pain to recharge it every fight, simply keeping those effects at all times would be OP.

Well, it's faster because VA's have 60 max and Monks have 30.
VA's have more skills that utilize all of their Void Energy, whereas Monks have.. One? Battles end rather quickly, unless you're soloing a Crazy dungeon as a Monk (which is suicide), and you lose that build-up of Ki you worked so hard to achieve, whereas VA's still have their 60 Void Energy to play around with. Not to mention, a melee VA has the option of -not- using their Void Energy (AKA, Cutthroat + Basic attacks) and still function properly (from my knowledge). A Monk cannot do that (once more, from my knowledge. Correct me if I'm wrong, please).
Edit: I apologize for not replying at all. Completely didn't see this in the suggestion tab at all, and forgot about it because I didn't see it.