Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Other Mechanical Injury Healing Options
I like this idea, it kind of pushes the one idea I had before for "player inns" in one direction I can enjoy.

This could be a new Traits for Healers, with the only prequisite being "Have Curate be at LV35 or higher".
Quote:Art of Healing
Req: Curate (LV35+)

You can employ your healing magic in the direst of situations. Allows you to spend 20 Mental Stamina and 20 + 10% of your maximum FP to heal injuries, if you do not have the necessary items to do it. (If you partially have the items needed, they will be used and the costs are reduced by 75%.)

Additionally, this increases the Power of your healing skills and spells by 10%.

Quote:Soothing Hands
Req: Art of Healing

You have the hands of a healer. A new button becomes available for Treatment menu, which allows you to use up to X% of your maximum FP to heal the patient's HP and 40% of the HP value as FP. (X = Chosen number between 1 and the current percentage of your maximum FP, max. 100.)

Your maximum Mental Stamina will also be reduced by half of X, and if you do not have the Mental Stamina, the attempt will fail.

This does not work during combat.

Quote:Diagnosis
Req: First Aid Talent (LV1+)

You gain a new action when you right click anyone within 3 range called "Examine Injuries", which opens the Treatment menu for the target. If you are within 1 range of the target, you can treat their injuries as if they are in your party. (Do note that this can be disabled by their Preferences).

If this is used during combat, you cannot treat injuries without further Traits that enable it.

Additionally, this halves the Mental Stamina and FP costs for the Art of Healing trait, if you have it.

Quote:Emergency Tactics
Req: First Aid Talent (LV1+), Diagnosis Trait.

No time to waste in the ring of honor. When you use Examine Injuries during combat while taking your turn, and the target is within 1 range of you, you can attempt to treat their injuries on the spot. (If you are not within 1 range, you cannot treat them).

This action costs 20 Mental Stamina and 2M and has a 75% chance to fail (Failure chance is reduced by 5% per First Aid Talent rank, and increased by 25% if you are Feared or Clumsy, additively), which may consume the resources and only lower the severity of the injury by one step (I.E,Severe becomes Major, etc.). 

And of course, nerf the thing that pretty much completely nullifies the chance to even get an injury in combat, from First Aid, called Prevention. 

If anything, revamp that to only affect yourself, not the party as a whole. This all together could give us a new dynamic in healing RP that we'd never see elsewhere.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Other Mechanical Injury Healing Options - by Snake - 10-09-2023, 01:38 PM